• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi Everyone ... Are These Oakleys Please ?

I don't believe I shouted at this guy. Just trying to make the basics known.

Sorry, grouchy old me.
rolleyes.gif

Attachments

• rolleyes.gif
    rolleyes.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 155
No CAPS, so no shouting.

A little terse perhaps. But certainly concise and to the point.
However, if considered as a welcoming note to a new member, I would have to chalk it up in the 'brusque' column.

:smile:

So because a member from Oakley Forum tells you what they are is that an official endorsement the rest of the world can go by? If so Oakley Boss should start charging an endorsement fee.

Ha ha ! Thanks to all you guys ! I feel most welcome now ! (special thanks to Batwolf)

Ironically , it was only by chance that they were my glasses and that I knew they were genuine items ! , I could very easily have posted someoneelse's ebay ad and enquired if they were fakes in the wrong section ! ha ha! (it's definately allowed on UK forums (or possibly overlooked/ignored) ... it's you USA dudes ...I'm just glad I'm not being sued ! ... (please don't sue me over my own glasses , I'm sure there's a USA Law that would allow this ! haha!)

I'll put my "new member" voice here as I think it's apt: (Yes , I know it's in the wrong thread ...AGAIN!) ... Sorry

I moved to the USA (Florida) 20 years ago and couldn't believe the sunshine ! So I went to a top sunglass shop and chose the ones I liked (expensive) ... I had no idea at the time that they were Oakleys ... I literally lived in them for the next 10 years (we are severley deprived of sunshine in the UK)

10 years ago , whilst on a Carribean Cruise (having forgot to pack my sunglasses (Oakley 00 wires , apparently ;)) , a new friend lent me his Juliets for the entire holiday ! I fell in love so badly , I found them so addictive ! (but he wouldn't sell me them !)
Upon my return , I immediately purchased my own set of plasma fire Juliets for £200 tax free (RRP £235) ... I have loved and cherished them every day for 10 years , wore them every day , regardless of lack of sunshine (they are a cure for a hangover , I'm sure) , I've dropped them , fell off boats,cliffs with them on , slept many full nights of sleep with them on ! , swam in them ... etc.etc. They have never been back to Oakley for a rebuild and sport their original lenses ...

Last year (after a HUGE win on the geegees ) I treated myself to a Custom set of Juliets from Oakley UK ... polished hammerstem polarised Ice , inscripted with "jonathan james" along with blue unobtanium all round (£330) (just before the price increase) ... Although they look AWESOME , I hated the view of the world through them ! So continued to wear my old fire plasma !

Just 2 weeks ago , whilst on holiday in the French Riviera , the left lens torx screw fell out of my plasma and I took it as a sign to buy some new ones ... easier said than done ! ... I found that they have been discontinued ! ... whilst strolling Ebay , I found some polarised,polished fire brand new for £250 (instead of £340) ... so I obviously hit "buy-it-now") ... they turned out to be rotton 2nds/returns/ with a worse nose bridge than my 10 year old plasma and completely twisted frames , no tags or warranty card and a battered box ! (check my feedback for the seller)
I have returned them , obviously ... Unfortunately , as I was eagerly awaiting my spanking new polished fire , I ebayed my old plasma (to offset the cost) ... SO ALL IS LOST !

HOWEVER , (maybe because there is a GOD) , I have just purchased the VERY,VERY LAST SET OF UK FIRE IRIDIUM PLASMA FOR £250 (Instead of £300) from a genuine well known Oakley UK Authorised dealer (box seal still in tact) and I got £140 for my old ones on Ebay ! wahooooooo ! That means that I wore one of the best sunglasses in the world for just £6 ($8) per year !

The blues will stay in my (very small "collection") and I'm looking forward to a decade of wearing brand new fire plasma ! (and considering their discontinuation , my new ones are obviously depreciation-proof ! ... If I get good money for my 00 Wires , then they were kind of "free"

Objectively , I have worn Oakleys , every day for 20 years (whether I knew it or not!) , and now I have a 2nd pair (blue for display purposes only) ... so I would like to join your club !
I conquer that I am a rank amateur compared to you guys (and this has really helped in shutting the missus up!) , but there's nothing I don't know about long term wearing of plasma Juliets !
All my love to you all ... JJ
PS. I'm crap on my PC , I get lost in forums , I don't understand "sticky" and I don't think I even want to know what a "shelf whore" is ... Sorry

Ha ha ! Thanks to all you guys ! I feel most welcome now ! (special thanks to Batwolf)

Ironically , it was only by chance that they were my glasses and that I knew they were genuine items ! , I could very easily have posted someoneelse's ebay ad and enquired if they were fakes in the wrong section ! ha ha! (it's definately allowed on UK forums (or possibly overlooked/ignored) ... it's you USA dudes ...I'm just glad I'm not being sued ! ... (please don't sue me over my own glasses , I'm sure there's a USA Law that would allow this ! haha!)

I'll put my "new member" voice here as I think it's apt: (Yes , I know it's in the wrong thread ...AGAIN!) ... Sorry

I moved to the USA (Florida) 20 years ago and couldn't believe the sunshine ! So I went to a top sunglass shop and chose the ones I liked (expensive) ... I had no idea at the time that they were Oakleys ... I literally lived in them for the next 10 years (we are severley deprived of sunshine in the UK)

10 years ago , whilst on a Carribean Cruise (having forgot to pack my sunglasses (Oakley 00 wires , apparently ;)) , a new friend lent me his Juliets for the entire holiday ! I fell in love so badly , I found them so addictive ! (but he wouldn't sell me them !)
Upon my return , I immediately purchased my own set of plasma fire Juliets for £200 tax free (RRP £235) ... I have loved and cherished them every day for 10 years , wore them every day , regardless of lack of sunshine (they are a cure for a hangover , I'm sure) , I've dropped them , fell off boats,cliffs with them on , slept many full nights of sleep with them on ! , swam in them ... etc.etc. They have never been back to Oakley for a rebuild and sport their original lenses ...

Last year (after a HUGE win on the geegees ) I treated myself to a Custom set of Juliets from Oakley UK ... polished hammerstem polarised Ice , inscripted with "jonathan james" along with blue unobtanium all round (£330) (just before the price increase) ... Although they look AWESOME , I hated the view of the world through them ! So continued to wear my old fire plasma !

Just 2 weeks ago , whilst on holiday in the French Riviera , the left lens torx screw fell out of my plasma and I took it as a sign to buy some new ones ... easier said than done ! ... I found that they have been discontinued ! ... whilst strolling Ebay , I found some polarised,polished fire brand new for £250 (instead of £340) ... so I obviously hit "buy-it-now") ... they turned out to be rotton 2nds/returns/ with a worse nose bridge than my 10 year old plasma and completely twisted frames , no tags or warranty card and a battered box ! (check my feedback for the seller)
I have returned them , obviously ... Unfortunately , as I was eagerly awaiting my spanking new polished fire , I ebayed my old plasma (to offset the cost) ... SO ALL IS LOST !

HOWEVER , (maybe because there is a GOD) , I have just purchased the VERY,VERY LAST SET OF UK FIRE IRIDIUM PLASMA FOR £250 (Instead of £300) from a genuine well known Oakley UK Authorised dealer (box seal still in tact) and I got £140 for my old ones on Ebay ! wahooooooo ! That means that I wore one of the best sunglasses in the world for just £6 ($8) per year !

The blues will stay in my (very small "collection") and I'm looking forward to a decade of wearing brand new fire plasma ! (and considering their discontinuation , my new ones are obviously depreciation-proof ! ... If I get good money for my 00 Wires , then they were kind of "free"

Objectively , I have worn Oakleys , every day for 20 years (whether I knew it or not!) , and now I have a 2nd pair (blue for display purposes only) ... so I would like to join your club !
I conquer that I am a rank amateur compared to you guys (and this has really helped in shutting the missus up!) , but there's nothing I don't know about long term wearing of plasma Juliets !
All my love to you all ... JJ
PS. I'm crap on my PC , I get lost in forums , I don't understand "sticky" and I don't think I even want to know what a "shelf whore" is ... Sorry

Whew!!!! I am exhausted.....

Back