• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi from Adelaide, South Australia

GT1977

Oakley Enthusiast
Been on the forum for a while but realised that I never introduced myself. I've worn Oakley glasses for over 20 years. I don't really collect them - I buy them and use them, and replace them.

I do a lot of running and cycling so most pairs are Radar Locks or Jawbones (before they got the unnecessary name change). Just bought some Radar EVs and the TdF Jawbreakers are on the way. That said I also have some lifestyle pairs including Tincan Carbons, Holbrooks and my favourite pair are some Jupiter Factory Lites (Ice lens, polished alloy frame and silver carbon stems - truly awesome). Like everyone, I've done the Gascan and Frogskin thing to death.

Had some Juliets back in the day when they were first released but gave them away to a mate before they were ever really a collectors item. He then lost them when he was drunk so lose/lose.

Was also an M Frame guy when positive red was first released as a lens option, but as I buy them to use, they are long since destroyed. Even went down the path of sub zero, darts, e-wires, square wires, sideways, eye jackets, and I'm sure many more. As I said, I buy them, use them, and replace them. Maybe I should have kept them!

Have to say that this forum is great - had the internet existed properly 20 years ago, I might have kept many of the older pairs that I had - just never realised that people collect this stuff.

Been on the forum for a while but realised that I never introduced myself. I've worn Oakley glasses for over 20 years. I don't really collect them - I buy them and use them, and replace them.

I do a lot of running and cycling so most pairs are Radar Locks or Jawbones (before they got the unnecessary name change). Just bought some Radar EVs and the TdF Jawbreakers are on the way. That said I also have some lifestyle pairs including Tincan Carbons, Holbrooks and my favourite pair are some Jupiter Factory Lites (Ice lens, polished alloy frame and silver carbon stems - truly awesome). Like everyone, I've done the Gascan and Frogskin thing to death.

Had some Juliets back in the day when they were first released but gave them away to a mate before they were ever really a collectors item. He then lost them when he was drunk so lose/lose.

Was also an M Frame guy when positive red was first released as a lens option, but as I buy them to use, they are long since destroyed. Even went down the path of sub zero, darts, e-wires, square wires, sideways, eye jackets, and I'm sure many more. As I said, I buy them, use them, and replace them. Maybe I should have kept them!

Have to say that this forum is great - had the internet existed properly 20 years ago, I might have kept many of the older pairs that I had - just never realised that people collect this stuff.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you definitely have a history with Oakleys! :):welcome:

Latest Posts

Back