• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi From Toronto

xmetalto

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone!

I'm glad to have found this forum. I've been reading it for about a week now and figured it was time to register and introduce myself. I've been a casual fan of the x-metal line and have owned a few pairs in the last decade(1st gen XX X-Metal Black Iridium, two generations of Juliet X-Metal Black Iridium). I use the past tense because they're all destroyed or lost. I'm never lending or gifting my brother another pair of x-metals again. LOL.

I had a hankering for owning a pair of x-metals again and was dismayed to find out that they've been discontinued. If I had known that these were going to be discontinued down the road I would have been collecting them since in my opinion there isn't a better built pair of sunglasses out on the market than a pair of Oakley x-metals! I really hope that when an x-metal line is reintroduced in 2014 that they live up to the name and tradition.

I found a brand new pair of Juliet X-Metal Ruby Iridium (24-125) on Ebay for $425. I'm hoping they're legit. The pictures looked good to me but I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks when they arrive. The dealer had 5 pairs available for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakley-Juli...35076163?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item1c34369343

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about Oakleys from this great community.

Regards,
xmetalto

Those Juliet's look like the real deal, probably 3rd generation. Welcome to the forum bud, I feel you pain. I owned 3 pair of Juliets and sold them all a few years back looking for some more sport usable glasses. Def regret doing that...

Welcome to the forum!

Why don't you hit an O store near you to pick up a pair of X-Metals? Even though they are discontinued there is still product floating around. It has not been that long yet.

The price I paid on ebay is cheap for Canadian retail standards. Canadian x-metals prices are 35% higher than US retail.

You would think that there is still product floating around but there isn't really. I got lucky and snagged another pair of Juliets today. I think I just bought the last pair in Toronto. I went to the Oakley store and asked the guy who checked the computer. It told him they still had one pair but he didn't see them on the floor so he went to the stockroom and found a pair of Juliet Carbon Black Iridium Polarized (04-149) that had fallen behind some large boxes!

Earlier in the day I had a brief chat with an associate over the phone from the Oakley Vault within driving distance of the city and they are also completely sold out of all x-metals. I guess supply levels aren't as high up here. All my x-metal purchases from here on will be from online sources. Even by paying inflated ebay prices I'm still saving money compared to buying from an Oakley store!

Welcome to the forum! If you need help...I live in downtown...and heard another Oakley Vault will soon arise in Oakville and a premium store in Yorkdale.

Back