1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Thought i would do this properly and make my first post in here to say "hi". REcently found this forum and it's nice to find people with similar interests.I showed this to my wife and she said "oh there's more of you" I you see hadn't realised i was an oakley collector. (not addict, I could stop if i wanted to...:blink:)
    I bought my first pair in 1992 when a friends sister had a oair of crystal frogskins with (I presume) were violet lenses and a guy who taught me to play tennis had a pair of blades. I saved my pocket money ( I was about 11 or 12) and went to the only local retailer (family thought i was crazy spending £75 on a pair of sunglasses)that did oakley and came home with a pair of razor blades orange front, grey trigger arms and grey lense. They broke on the hinges (common from what i have read on here)and were lost in time but i've never quite gotten over losing them!!!SAdly though they seem to sell for a lot on ebay so I suppose i won't be replacin gthem any time soon.
    Anyway, this is a list of the oakley eyewear i have in the last 21 years:
    Crystal black & Blue M frames, green pro m frame,(with about 8 lenses) black with blk irid and red with persimon lense racing jkts, frogskins (original) black crystal with+ red irid, crosshair 2.0 black polarised lenses, plasma and fire julietes,black half jkts with fire o with fire lense, blk 1/2 jkts with titanium xl lenses, monster dogs polished blk with grey, fives tortise shell bronze mirror, xs fives polished black with blue irid,e wires silver with black irid, zeros blk with black irid, powder blue minutes with grey and straight jackets silver with blue frames.
    MIA:Razor blades orange/grey frame with grey lense, frogskins rootbeer w bronze mirror, trenchcoats blood with blk irid, crystal blue M frames
    I've also had "RX" oo's as well as goggles (E and A frames IIRC) loads of clothing and untill the fell apart i lived in my sandles from about 2001 which were called craters i think.Soft dimpled insole was so comfy i wore them to work untill they fell apart.
    Ironically with all i have there, I with hindsight regret not picking up a couple of items, when i worked in an outdoor sports store we had 2 pairs of OTT's in one brance, so unloved they were (and unlikely to sell in England) that the staff would wear them out for lunch or in store during the shirft, we also had a hat and goggle combo (medusa?) I think one guy bought all 3 items for about £200-250.Having turned down the offer because i knew i wouldn't wear them i wish i had now as they seem to be worth a bit!
    Well, that's me thanks for reading,Dave

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hey Dave. Welcome to the forum! Yes you do seem to be the collector type. Now do you wear all that you buy or display most is the question.
    Great to have you here. :thumb:

3. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Welcome aboard, collector /addict?

4. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Hi, thank you for the welcome, i wear them all, not so much the zeros anymore as i'm a bit scared of them breaking like the first couple of pairs we had did on the arm/lense join but they do get the odd weekend out still! There was a single x metal tower for sale locally recently but i was told i could have a tower or another pair of glasses!
    Just realised i have some square wires too, with a red lense, looks like the colour the guy from x men has, can't find the name of it though!

5. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Alright, I suppose i am, thank you!:dance3:

6. TB9788

TB9788 Oakley Beginner

welcome to the board! sounds like you have quite a collection going

7. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

welcome to the forum bro!!

8. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

That was before you joined this forum. :smile: Welcome Dave.

9. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome!!

10. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

+1. Welcome to the forum, Dave!