• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

High Polish Finish Minute Machine Diamond Dial HEHE

Oakley Addict

Oakley Beginner
Wassup guys, well after a lot of searching I have found someone to make my diamond dial minute machine high polish finish and I'm pumped. I'm hoping it will be the first of its kind but if not I would love to see some pics while I wait about a month for mine to get done. I will be sure to post pics when I do get it back though. Peace

I am interested in doing that to my mm.......he taking the crystal out or doing it still assembled......and if you don't mind me asking what's it going to cost?

Yeah I'm sure he can do a hp. before he got it it was only gonna be like 150 to 200 then he saw the work and was like 350 lol but still not too bad and yeah complete disassembly by a watchmaker and pressure testing on reassembly

That's still pretty good. I was told by a jeweler that the crystal breaks often so I called Oakley and they wouldn't give me a price for a new one.... So I'm a bit Leary to pull the trigger and do it I was actually going to chrome it so it would be lower maintenance

Yeah thats cool he does custom rolexes and tags and tissots so it should be okay. The pure sapphire should be tougher than glass would be though hopefully. I was nervous at first but the trigger is pulled now lol

I look forward to seeing it! I thought about swapping the components out of my diamond dial and putting them in my polished MM. I haven't done it yet though.

There is no need to remove the crystal to polish, the crystal is harder than the titanium. If you do remove the crystal you will need a new seal from Oakley. Oakley uses a press to remove and install the crystal. I have done a 12 gauge with and have an extra black MM to do next. IMO $350 is a bit much, It should only take a few hours to do.
A little tip on the band links: Although they look symmetrical there is an orientation to them. The degrees of rotation is different and on reassembly there is an inside and outside.

There is no need to remove the crystal to polish, the crystal is harder than the titanium. If you do remove the crystal you will need a new seal from Oakley. Oakley uses a press to remove and install the crystal. I have done a 12 gauge with and have an extra black MM to do next. IMO $350 is a bit much, It should only take a few hours to do.
A little tip on the band links: Although they look symmetrical there is an orientation to them. The degrees of rotation is different and on reassembly there is an inside and outside.
Cool thanks for the input guess ill save the headache and try the polishing way.... Sorry for the thread hijack

That's cool yeah I will definitely post it. I was okay with the 350 cuz now including the cost of the watch I only have about 1250 in it so it was worth the risk plus he sends pics as the work progresses as well. If they come back wrong I will reassemble them I didn't know they were different though so I appreciate that info for sure. I would be interested in seeing that high polish with the diamond dial components it'd be epic.

Back