• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Highest Baking Temp O Matter can handle?

RexxCastle

Oakley Expert
When i cerakote i usually bake at about 180 and know they hold up fine. Does anyone know about what the max temp before melting is? I have something i want to test that requires a bit higher temp but dont want to kill a good pair of frames testing it lol

Last edited:
That's one of many things I like about Chop, he's always been very open and helpful with his self-taught knowledge base.
Yes true. I just felt the need for some cool mysteriousness. :)

Also, I prefer party cake frosting on my O-matters when they are baked. ;)

That's one of many things I like about Chop, he's always been very open and helpful with his self-taught knowledge base.

I tried sending him a message but the option isnt there when i click his name, must be blocked lol

I was looking at about 500 Degrees, honestly i don't think they can handle it.

I have some Ceramic Chrome coating i use for metal gun parts and Car parts, it buffs to a nice chrome finish once cured. The Baking temp is the kicker for it, 500 is minimum up to 700

I tried sending him a message but the option isnt there when i click his name, must be blocked lol

I was looking at about 500 Degrees, honestly i don't think they can handle it.

I have some Ceramic Chrome coating i use for metal gun parts and Car parts, it buffs to a nice chrome finish once cured. The Baking temp is the kicker for it, 500 is minimum up to 700
you aren't blocked lol. I don't accept private messages from anyone anymore here. Emails are faster and easier. got overwhelming to manage messages from all the various forums, social media and texts... my time gets eaten up like twinkled at a fat farm in responding to them all lol...

as far as temps go, 180 is tops.. I've melted what we're supposed to be authentic frames at 180f already, so it's very iffy going above. things may not melt per se, but they will distort where lenses won't fit or shapes tweak a bit..

I'd love to see any o matter cured at 180c lol, that would be a sight for sure.

and yes, I'm super open with that self learned knowledge, just like the chef of your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant is lol... some things just have to be learned the hard way... and I've learned a lot, that way! it's quite expensive too lol. lost 18k in frames once, I don't share too much at that level

Back