• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hijacking Sale/Trade Threads

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
should the moderators more regulate the thread?!?

I think it's mostly fine right now. There have been a few threads with a dozen posts not pertaining to the sale at all, which I think we all agree is over the line. But one or two comments I think don't matter too much.

I'm a member on forums like mentioned above and it sucks when you have to stop and second guess every post you make to escape the ire of the moderators.

Some people reacted to this post.
yeah i agree that comments like "i have 3 of these" are pointless. go do that in the collection threads. but if you are commenting on fit and specs, rarity etc of a pair, it helps the buyer know the product better and i feel is a positive contribution to the sale thread.

:rolleyes:

I've been guilty of straying off topic in sales/exchange threads, and have had my threads affected in the same way. IMO, I don't really care. Whenever other members here post their comments such as "these are sweet, wish I had the cash to buy it" or "good luck on the sale", I really look at it as free bumps, and who doesn't like free bumps! It's to be expected here, and honestly I don't think many sellers/traders mind. Most of the time it only adds to the chances of the seller/trader completing their transaction, unless of course the topic goes out into left field, then that's when the mods step in.

Username Hidden said:
I've been guilty of straying off topic in sales/exchange threads, and have had my threads affected in the same way. IMO, I don't really care. Whenever other members here post their comments such as "these are sweet, wish I had the cash to buy it" or "good luck on the sale", I really look at it as free bumps, and who doesn't like free bumps! It's to be expected here, and honestly I don't think many sellers/traders mind. Most of the time it only adds to the chances of the seller/trader completing their transaction, unless of course the topic goes out into left field, then that's when the mods step in.

+1 :big_boss:

In the future, we can all (moderators) make an attempt to more closely regulate the thread. I would say if it "hinders the advancement" of a sale or trade is when we step in. We try not to be the forum nazis on here and enjoy a more laid back approach, but sometimes it does go way out of bounds and myself and the others will try to keep it more on topic, specifically in the sale/trade threads.