• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

History Of Juliet Lenses

xmetal40

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
USA
Anyone feel free to add to this list, as I'm just trying to come up with a thorough list for Juliet.

BI, BIP, ice, ice polo, gold polo, 24k gold, fire, fire polo, Ruby, Emerald, titanium clear, titanium polo, oo blue, blue, violet, Emerald slate, slate, G30, VR28polo, and vr28.

What else?

Anyone feel free to add to this list, as I'm just trying to come up with a thorough list for Juliet.

BI, BIP, ice, ice polo, gold polo, 24k gold, fire, fire polo, Ruby, Emerald, titanium clear, titanium polo, oo blue, blue, violet, Emerald slate, slate, G30, VR28polo, and vr28.

What else?
Don't think the gold iridium was polarized.
There was also VR50 Black Iridium (Finito) and Tungsten Iridium was available as a replacement lens only but never issued in a std. colorway release.

Oh Thanks Oakley Veteran, err.. what's G30? and so VR 28 is the same as BI? what's the difference in them since they are both "Black Iridium"

VR50 in the Finitos. Gold lens is non-polarised. Just to make it clear, the VR28s are VR28 BI and VR28 BIP, rather than "plain" VR28. I think that's what you meant anyway but best to be explicit.

Re the OO Blues, I know that is what O-Review has them down as but I don't think it is an OO base as we know it. The box just says "blue".

Didn't see Oakley Veteran's reply so I went over some of the same ground. Good point on tungsten as OEM replacements, forgot those and I even have some!

Oh Thanks Oakley Veteran, err.. what's G30? and so VR 28 is the same as BI? what's the difference in them since they are both "Black Iridium"
Check this out:
http://www.o-review.com/database_filter_lens.php
G30 is an increased contrast lens allowing 30% light transmission, originally intended for golfing.
VR28 Black Iridium is not the same as std. Black Iridium. Increased contrast lens base with a black iridium coating as opposed to black iridium having a neutral grey base. Very nice lens actually.

And if you want to know what the "VR" stands for in VR28...well there's some conjecture about this, but I got told by Oakley UK about 5 years ago it stood for "Violet Rose".