1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetal40

xmetal40 Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Anyone feel free to add to this list, as I'm just trying to come up with a thorough list for Juliet.

BI, BIP, ice, ice polo, gold polo, 24k gold, fire, fire polo, Ruby, Emerald, titanium clear, titanium polo, oo blue, blue, violet, Emerald slate, slate, G30, VR28polo, and vr28.

What else?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jaws12r

Jaws12r Oakley Enthusiast

Sorry what's BI BIP, G30, VR 28 polo and Vr 28?

3. Oakley Veteran

Oakley Veteran Oakley Enthusiast

BI = Black Iridium, BIP = Black Iridium Polarized, G30 = well...G30 Iridium, VR28 = VR28 Black Iridium, VR 28 polo = VR28 Black Iridium Polarized.

Carrera1963 likes this.
  4. Oakley Veteran

Don't think the gold iridium was polarized.
    There was also VR50 Black Iridium (Finito) and Tungsten Iridium was available as a replacement lens only but never issued in a std. colorway release.

Carrera1963 likes this.
  5. Jaws12r

Oh Thanks Oakley Veteran, err.. what's G30? and so VR 28 is the same as BI? what's the difference in them since they are both "Black Iridium"

6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

VR50 in the Finitos. Gold lens is non-polarised. Just to make it clear, the VR28s are VR28 BI and VR28 BIP, rather than "plain" VR28. I think that's what you meant anyway but best to be explicit.

Re the OO Blues, I know that is what O-Review has them down as but I don't think it is an OO base as we know it. The box just says "blue".

Oakley Veteran likes this.
  7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Didn't see Oakley Veteran's reply so I went over some of the same ground. Good point on tungsten as OEM replacements, forgot those and I even have some!

Oakley Veteran likes this.
  8. Oakley Veteran

Check this out:
    http://www.o-review.com/database_filter_lens.php
    G30 is an increased contrast lens allowing 30% light transmission, originally intended for golfing.
    VR28 Black Iridium is not the same as std. Black Iridium. Increased contrast lens base with a black iridium coating as opposed to black iridium having a neutral grey base. Very nice lens actually.

9. Oakley Veteran

And if you want to know what the "VR" stands for in VR28...well there's some conjecture about this, but I got told by Oakley UK about 5 years ago it stood for "Violet Rose".

10. Jaws12r

Ahhhh thanks guys....