• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hmmmmmm!?!

On how limited are these 1k release is everyonce guess but for 1k is a tough one to swallow the holiday painted pairs sold for 700 each and its all gone but those are very exclusive 26 made so if these madman raw is limited to 100 i am sure people will be flockng to get them and ofcoarse we will see them again on ebay for 1Ok im sure looters on ebay are also looking at this release for profit. If people buy em they will continue to make them for 1k woooooh thats overboard.

Oakley's just trying to up their perceived brand value. You look at some other designer brands with sunglasses even more expensive than your average Oakley yet are of lesser quality. But they can charge those prices because of their perceived brand value; people pay it. Oakley wants to do the same; they already have, to some degree. And if people buy the stuff, they will succeed in doing so...

Oakley's just trying to up their perceived brand value. You look at some other designer brands with sunglasses even more expensive than your average Oakley yet are of lesser quality. But they can charge those prices because of their perceived brand value; people pay it. Oakley wants to do the same; they already have, to some degree. And if people buy the stuff, they will succeed in doing so...

This is how I've seen it too. Except I'd probably replace "Oakley" with "Lux", as I'd think at the end of the day, they're influencing the numbers game. Stuff like the PB2, Jupiter Carbons (vs JFL) , and soft touch Frogs pricing just doesn't seem so true to what Oakley would do imo.

The only time I see them legitimately demand premiums is with very limited and intricate stuff, like the carabiners. Not exactly worth the 100's for functional use, but quite the novelty item. I'm not quite sure to think of the Madman Raw. It doesn't sound quite as intricate as CNC'ing carbon fiber like with the C6. If made in USA, there's something, but I could see it largely going in the same vein of what you described.

Here is a suggestion dont buy em and they will probably go back to their old roots 1k for an ugly pair of shades sounds obsurd true to be told on holiday pairs but people buys em. Oakley does their home work marketing wise, common now members here are buying 1k romeos so whats the difference? 1500 24k c six and all that. If its an exclusive piece lets say limited to 100 im sure we all of us want one if we can afford them.

Here is a suggestion dont buy em and they will probably go back to their old roots 1k for an ugly pair of shades sounds obsurd true to be told on holiday pairs but people buys em. Oakley does their home work marketing wise, common now members here are buying 1k romeos so whats the difference? 1500 24k c six and all that. If its an exclusive piece lets say limited to 100 im sure we all of us want one if we can afford them.

There will still be those who buy the limited pairs to flip on ebay to try and make some cash, Then those who legitimately wanting a pair are unable to do so.

With respect pjd1234, perhaps this is a company that you don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in California. Jim and company were working for the local Oakley. They were trying to buy the loyalty of collectors by bribing them with precious eyewear. But their caravans were being outsource in a factory in east China by a Lux bandit. So, we went looking for the US-made eyewear. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with them. One day, I saw a douche playing with a pair the price of a television. The Lux had been upcharging them.

So why upcharge them?

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

With respect pjd1234, perhaps this is a company that you don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in California. Jim and company were working for the local Oakley. They were trying to buy the loyalty of collectors by bribing them with precious eyewear. But their caravans were being outsource in a factory in east China by a Lux bandit. So, we went looking for the US-made eyewear. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with them. One day, I saw a douche playing with a pair the price of a television. The Lux had been upcharging them.

So why upcharge them?

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
This :)

Back