• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hmmmmmm!?!

I really think people that buy these may be disapointed,personally I think they try too hard to look "different"and end up looking crass and very uncool,put that aside tthough and look at the apparent areas of light leakage around the nose bridge especially .Predictiing a flop after a couple of months.

I really think people that buy these may be disapointed,personally I think they try too hard to look "different"and end up looking crass and very uncool,put that aside tthough and look at the apparent areas of light leakage around the nose bridge especially .Predictiing a flop after a couple of months.
I like them because they are crazy! I know they look ridiculous, but I will wear them. I wore my OTTs to campus the other day and got looks all over. I don't care, I just love wearing them. Oakley makes/made some of the most unique glasses out there. It's why we love them! Also, I plan on buying the Madman as soon as I have the opportunity.

Certainly the Badman with Daily Prizm was £10 more expensive when they were up on Shade Station, so reckon you're right.

We can probably extrapolate that to figure out what Prizm replacement lenses will cost, for donors...

$90 polarized replacements + $20 = $110 USD, but I'd expect they'd put a bigger margin on replacement parts; $120?

Has anyone ever compared the difference in price between polar / non-polar complete colorways and polar / non-polar replacement lenses for the same frame? That'd show how much more they typically markup extra features for replacement lenses vs. complete sets...

I hope I stated that clearly; I'm a little drunk right now... :errwhat:

We can probably extrapolate that to figure out what Prizm replacement lenses will cost, for donors...

$90 polarized replacements + $20 = $110 USD, but I'd expect they'd put a bigger margin on replacement parts; $120?

Has anyone ever compared the difference in price between polar / non-polar complete colorways and polar / non-polar replacement lenses for the same frame? That'd show how much more they typically markup extra features for replacement lenses vs. complete sets...

I hope I stated that clearly; I'm a little drunk right now... :errwhat:
If you use the Fast Jacket replacements lens pricing as an example, your guess seems in-line. Non polar is $60 and pol is $90/set. Add in the premium for prism and could be $110-$130 range, provided they make replacement lenses available.

Just saw this on Facebook! Vutt Sunglasses in Nj has the Madman and badman etc. I thought they weren't going to be released til Feburary!

image.jpg