• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hobbit 3DO Gascan Replacement Lenses?

Roger Settle

Oakley Beginner
Hello folks!

I recently purchased the Hobbit Gascans with the intentions of putting some Walleva lenses in them and using them as sunglasses.......My wife is a huge LOTR geek

Bought them Walleva lenses, and lo and behold, they don't fit. I asked Walleva about it, this was their response, which is confusing to me:

"There are three different frame style in Gascan, you could check: http://o-review.com/search.asp?Search=Gascan
Thanks,
Nicole"

So, are their replacement lens options? Am I screwed? The original 3DO lenses kind of got messed up when I took them out, so I can't return them :(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

these are regular gascans. How did you mess them up a little?
I would try some OE lenses from the oakleyvault.com

It almost looks like the top layer of the lens is a sticker of some sort. It is peeling and won't go back down.

So Walleva is full of it, eh? :)

So apparently Walleva is full of it and don't know what they're talking about.....I tried a little harder to put them in and succeeded. That's what I get for being scared to break the frames I guess...lol

Thanks for reassuring me that they are regular Gascans....I love how they came out!
2rn9afr.jpg

Hello folks!

I recently purchased the Hobbit Gascans with the intentions of putting some Walleva lenses in them and using them as sunglasses.......My wife is a huge LOTR geek

Bought them Walleva lenses, and lo and behold, they don't fit. I asked Walleva about it, this was their response, which is confusing to me:

"There are three different frame style in Gascan, you could check: http://o-review.com/search.asp?Search=Gascan
Thanks,
Nicole"

So, are their replacement lens options? Am I screwed? The original 3DO lenses kind of got messed up when I took them out, so I can't return them :(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

WOW, I like how Walleva uses O-Review to answer questions, not that its a bad thing, but why not ask questions, help the customer out a bit instead of just pointing. Go with OEM lenses, f you dont want to end up with headaches and issues

You can get genuine Oakley gascan lenses in VR28 black iridium or Slate online at the vault right now for $26.99. Either of this would look fine in that frame and would be a much better quality lens. I would seriously return the aftermarket lenses and go genuine at that price.

You can get genuine Oakley gascan lenses in VR28 black iridium or Slate online at the vault right now for $26.99. Either of this would look fine in that frame and would be a much better quality lens. I would seriously return the aftermarket lenses and go genuine at that price.

I appreciate the info....I looked at those lenses, but I really wanted the 24k polarized mirror lenses to match the frames.

I need to buy some hijinx lenses to replace the scratched lenses in some soviets I just bought. Will definitely go oem with them.

Latest Posts

Back