1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. B-Nasti

B-Nasti Oakley Beginner

Hey everyone, I recently bought a pair of smoke grey holbrooks, with black iridium lenses, but after wearing them in the car for extended periods of time, my eyes really start to hurt. I can't recall this happening with my warm grey/antix. I was wondering if this could be to the iridium coating on the lenses or perhaps just lens shape itself. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

I know this happens to people with sensitivity to polarized lenses, but never to non polarized lenses. that's a new one to me.

3. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

it might have to do with the grey smoke frame. sometimes the sun reflects off the transparent frame like (clear, grey smoke, crystal red..ect) and back into your eyes. a few people had this problem with the clear/chrome iridium combo.

4. B-Nasti

B-Nasti Oakley Beginner

dang, :/ i was thinking it could be from the light coming through the semi clear arms, and reflecting off the inside of the lenses into my eyes. But that's kinda spitballing.

5. B-Nasti

B-Nasti Oakley Beginner

sniped by oakley4life haha, I guess that is a reasonable idea

6. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Clear/smoke frames have a tendency to allow in light which can reflect off the back of the lens.

7. B-Nasti

B-Nasti Oakley Beginner

So, do you think I can be fairly certain that's the problem? If so I'm going to sell them or trade for some solid framed holbrooks. Thanks guys

8. Batwolf

I would say so.

9. o0M3NTAL0o

o0M3NTAL0o Oakley Beginner

I get a lot of back reflection from my Holbrooks also, but they are a solid color frame. They don't wrap around the eye much - lots of side light comes in.

10. Batwolf

That is also a good point.