• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Holbrook Clear/Chrome 9102-06, Flak Jacket Lens +Red Iridium, HI Yellow Iridium

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

1. clear holbrooks **SOLD**

2. +reds w/ black socks **SOLD**

3. HI Yellows w/ lemonpeel socks **SOLD**

Some people reacted to this post.
i might be interested in the +reds. could you explain what you mean by not being perfect? any scratches?

i just looked at the +reds again, it's tough to explain, but you know how when you pop iridium lenses in and out of frames sometimes you might slightly pick up the iridium on the edges? there's a little bit of that, although it sometimes even exists on new lens, but since i don't know if i put them there or Oakley put them there, i just have to say they're there. i rechecked for scratches, and you how when you clean with the microfiber bag eventually you start getting the light spider web looking grazes that can only be seen at specific angles? there is a single one, on the rh lens about 2mm in lenth.

i'm a little ocd about this stuff since i'm an engineer that works in quality control, my eyes are programmed to pick these things up. it depends what you're going to use the lenses for and if you're ocd about this stuff too. for sports/activities or everyday use where you're going to throw them in a drawer or a car's glove box etc, these would be great. for a flawless show piece, you need to find new lenses. my HI yellow's would be something that's in show piece condition. i wish i could just trade the +reds for the holbrook OO9102-06 brown box.

Hi

Very interested in the +reds.

Would you consider posting to the UK?

Cheers.

Karen

yea, you would have to pay the full real ship cost though, and you would have to be 100% sure you want this used pair. just looking at the usps priority international flat rate boxes (to UK: Great Britain, Northern Ireland, is that where you are?), and the small one, which will fit the lens is about $17. so 30+17 = $47 usd. i don't know if it's still worth it to you for these used lens. new lenses are $65 usd (plus shipping/taxes if applicable) direct from Oakely. just trying to be honest and making sure you know what you're getting and your options.

in the international case i wouldn't be able to do the trade due to the high shipping cost.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I think that the overall cost of the lenses plus the postage from the US would cancel out any 'bargain' I would be getting from you. Also I am sure that the nice Customs people would also clobber me for import tax on them as well!

Looking around here I can get the same lenses brand new for around $60, so I will probably go down that route.

I have just bought a pair of Carbon Flaks and think that the red lenses would look fantastic on them. Do you know if Oakley do the red lenses in a polarised version at all?

Cheers.

Karen

...Forget that last question about the red polarised lenses. I see that Oakley make them but can only find some in the US at present. Will keep looking to see if I can find any in the UK....

no problem, goodluck in your search!

added new item, Holbrook oo9102-06 polished clear frame, chrome lens. comes with original brown stripped microfiber bag only. not a scratch on the lenses. perfect icons. the frame has light grazing on the arms b/c i have worn them with a hat on. i've put the arms inside the hat (glasses felt very loose if i placed them outside of my hat), so slight rub marks, probably used like twice with a hat. other than that the frame is as new looking as when i bought them from oakley. as long as nobody is looking within an inch of the back of your ears, nobody will notice them when on. model number print on arm. $75 shipped as is to lower 48 states USA.

Username Hidden said:
added new item, holbrooks.

you've got mail...

Status
Not open for further replies.