1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. alcapon1

alcapon1 Oakley Enthusiast

So I managed to buy a pair of Holbrooks matte black but it does not have rivets, icons or lenses. The arms are also unattached. It come in a platic bag with the Oakley label Holbrook OCP bar code date made and so forth.

Since I am a collector of the Holbrooks and have all the rare ones I am gonna display these with all the Holbrook parts dissembles like an instruction guide.

Is it possible to buy "OCP" versions like this for other models? I really like them and they are perfect for ground up customs. I want more of these so is it possible to get them?

Holbrook OCP no icons rivets or lenses - image.jpeg Holbrook OCP no icons rivets or lenses - image.jpeg

Last edited: 8/29/16
    Batman_1939 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. alcapon1

anyone?? pics updated

3. Fresh

Fresh Oakley Enthusiast

I've never seen 'brooks in a bag, where did you get them from? It's a possibility these are bare bone brooks (before they are finished) but I don't know of anyone who gets these easily

alcapon1 likes this.
  4. alcapon1

Right?!, I got them from a seller on eBay. Outside of customizing from the ground up I also grabbed them because one time I was at an Oakley store and the manager opened up a customs drawer and there was a Frogskin packaged exactly the same way and same type of label. i wanted to buy it but he said they were not for sale, they were custom samples or something. A Holbrooks with no rivets and icons is awesome and I would totally buy more.

5. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

A lot of Oakley come in a bag like that for store that do RX , so it not rare. But it's going be super super super hard for u to find rivets( small dot) to put in your holbrooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. alcapon1

Interesting. Now I have a ton of questions.
    If a lot come like this where can I buy more?

And that applies for the rivets as well? Because what is the use for RX if they can add icons or rivets?

I have seen the rivets before for sale. Maybe I can get them from a store that does the RX?

And, super super super hard to find is the definition why I collect such items;)

Last edited: 9/1/16
  7. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Since your not a retailer ,normally your not going be able to buy frames wrapped in the bag with the white label. Same with icons and rivets but they do show up on eBay all the time tho.

eBay is where everything ends up these days. Now all the frame wrap up in the bag with the white labels do not have model or sku number on them. So tons of people shall think your selling fake glasses if you ever try to resell them. Good luck on your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I concur