1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. drews85

drews85 Oakley Beginner

Any suggestions? is it possible to remove these things? I doubt I could find replacements.

Last edited by a moderator: 5/19/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

How'd you get those out?

3. drews85

drews85 Oakley Beginner

I dont know? Id like to try and swap one from the brown pair to the matte black polarized pair but i feel like id break or scratch it if i tried to remove it.

4. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

A lot of us have been brainstorming how to get those damn bolts out for ages!

5. drews85

drews85 Oakley Beginner

when you look in the empty hole I can see they are not actually "screwed" in they are just in with glue I assume or maybe just pressure. Id like to try with a needle nose pliers but i don't see how i could avoid ruining the finish.

6. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I have tried with no luck. The metal is super thin, so anything that will catch a bite will certainly mar the metal. As for glue, I doubt they are cemented in, but probably pressed in with a compression type fit...I would damn sure like to figure them out, but in the meanwhile, it is possible to make an alternative I bet to replace a lost one

7. 13ThirtySeven

13ThirtySeven Oakley Beginner

I would think they just come out like the icons (warm water soak) but like chop said they seem to be more of a pressure fit than anything else.

8. mercbezerk

mercbezerk Unicorn Chaser Premium Member Lifetime Member

It was a question I posed to the Oakley service technician the other day and his response to me was that the studs have been pressed into the frame. When anyone comes into the store looking to replace a missing stud, he told me they go ahead and replace the entire frame as they don't carry spares for these, nor are they able to remove them without damaging them.

There was a tray filled with Holbrook frames missing studs. So if Oakley aren't prepared to tamper with them, neither will I.

9. rightcoastnj

rightcoastnj Oakley Enthusiast

i want that tray! lol ill find a way to make my own bolts.

10. mercbezerk

mercbezerk Unicorn Chaser Premium Member Lifetime Member

I like the way you're thinking.