• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Repair

drews85

Oakley Beginner
Any suggestions? is it possible to remove these things? I doubt I could find replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know? Id like to try and swap one from the brown pair to the matte black polarized pair but i feel like id break or scratch it if i tried to remove it.

when you look in the empty hole I can see they are not actually "screwed" in they are just in with glue I assume or maybe just pressure. Id like to try with a needle nose pliers but i don't see how i could avoid ruining the finish.

I have tried with no luck. The metal is super thin, so anything that will catch a bite will certainly mar the metal. As for glue, I doubt they are cemented in, but probably pressed in with a compression type fit...I would damn sure like to figure them out, but in the meanwhile, it is possible to make an alternative I bet to replace a lost one

I would think they just come out like the icons (warm water soak) but like chop said they seem to be more of a pressure fit than anything else.

It was a question I posed to the Oakley service technician the other day and his response to me was that the studs have been pressed into the frame. When anyone comes into the store looking to replace a missing stud, he told me they go ahead and replace the entire frame as they don't carry spares for these, nor are they able to remove them without damaging them.

There was a tray filled with Holbrook frames missing studs. So if Oakley aren't prepared to tamper with them, neither will I.

Back