• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Rivets - Removable Or Not?

charlieboy

Oakley Beginner
I've read that they aren't customisable / replaceable but does anyone know whether thats because they're part of the mould, or could they removed for DIY'ing

Just got a paid of rossi editions, but not that keen on the black rivets. Would love to match them with the yellow, or even chrome them

They're molded as part of the frame I think. They're definitely not fasteners of any kind. They're the worst part about the Holbrook in my opinion. Made to look like old glasses that pin/screw/rivet the metal hinge. If they didn't stand so proud of the frame or were a little smaller I think they'd look better.

Just use model paint and paint them.

Mine fell out, its a super tiny screw on the inside of the rivet. I just shoved it back in *pause*, and it hasnt fallen out since.

The rivets are just push in pull out. You can replace them if you are lucky enough to find an outlet. I get my rivets from the US each trip for my Holbrooks some store sell the others don’t. You can just pull the rivet out with pliers. Try not to scratch the frame.

Back