1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

After talking with a few Forum Members, I have built up an example for you folks to view. This is mainly for oblazer and Yoshi, but let me know what you guys think!

Specs:

Base is 6 5/16" x 7 3/8", 1/2 " tall.

Spine is 10 3/4" tall, 2 1/2" long, and 3/4" wide.

Plexiglass is at a state where you can actually swap them out. Unfortunately, the Tablesaw doesn't cut small enough for .08" Plexiglass. Thus, I had to double layer some stuff. Can fit 3 glasses, the top shelf is messed up because it was a test piece. The middle shelf is correctly sized, as is the bottom piece. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions, ideas, etc.

Homemade Display Stand! - gI4Bp.jpg

Edit: I did this while I was teaching...haha. I get distracted easily. That's why there are students in the background.

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Update: Found a way to lock the plexiglass into place much better! Can't even tell! (Notice the paper in between the plexiglass and the wood).

Homemade Display Stand! - zHvTE.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

i like it i like it. looks good, wish i knew a thing or 2 on how to make these kinds of things

4. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Thanks! Wasn't hard to do. Sending a few over to oblazer. Much cheaper though than the official Oakley Stands lol.

5. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Those look cool, you need to paint them black and put a big silver "O" decal on the bottom and you'll be set!

6. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Well I was planning on engraving it, but I found this works just as well haha.

Homemade Display Stand! - a7nMM.jpg

Attached Files:

7. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

That looks cool just the way it is!

8. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

God, that's sick XLNZAX! beautiful Gascan display you have there. I was giong to use my metal japanese oakley o icon sticker and stick it to the base. :) I actually like the woodgrain look. i worry if i painted it black, it'd look funky.
    but i like how slim your plexiglass is, and the wood. i'd probably display mine the same way but with the boxes. :)

very nice work.
    do you have the transformers gascan? :D congrat's with the collection.

Attached Files:

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I'll prob be able to get one more done tomorrow, and two more next week. I'll let ya know!

10. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

With all the Oakley's I bought in about a week or less, money will be a bit tight next month. lol. i'll let you know if i will still be interested in grabbing one.