• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Homemade Display Stand!

Zax

Chicago
After talking with a few Forum Members, I have built up an example for you folks to view. This is mainly for oblazer and Yoshi, but let me know what you guys think!

Specs:

Base is 6 5/16" x 7 3/8", 1/2 " tall.

Spine is 10 3/4" tall, 2 1/2" long, and 3/4" wide.

Plexiglass is at a state where you can actually swap them out. Unfortunately, the Tablesaw doesn't cut small enough for .08" Plexiglass. Thus, I had to double layer some stuff. Can fit 3 glasses, the top shelf is messed up because it was a test piece. The middle shelf is correctly sized, as is the bottom piece. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions, ideas, etc.

gI4Bp.jpg

Edit: I did this while I was teaching...haha. I get distracted easily. That's why there are students in the background.

gI4Bp.jpg

gI4Bp.jpg

Update: Found a way to lock the plexiglass into place much better! Can't even tell! (Notice the paper in between the plexiglass and the wood).

zHvTE.jpg

Attachments

• zHvTE.jpg
    zHvTE.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 265
  • zHvTE.jpg
    zHvTE.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 253
Thanks! Wasn't hard to do. Sending a few over to oblazer. Much cheaper though than the official Oakley Stands lol.

Those look cool, you need to paint them black and put a big silver "O" decal on the bottom and you'll be set!

Well I was planning on engraving it, but I found this works just as well haha.

a7nMM.jpg

Attachments

• a7nMM.jpg
    a7nMM.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 240
  • a7nMM.jpg
    a7nMM.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 232
Well I was planning on engraving it, but I found this works just as well haha.

a7nMM.jpg
God, that's sick XLNZAX! beautiful Gascan display you have there. I was giong to use my metal japanese oakley o icon sticker and stick it to the base. :) I actually like the woodgrain look. i worry if i painted it black, it'd look funky.
but i like how slim your plexiglass is, and the wood. i'd probably display mine the same way but with the boxes. :)

very nice work.
do you have the transformers gascan? :D congrat's with the collection.

Attachments

• a7nMM.jpg
    a7nMM.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 295
  • a7nMM.jpg
    a7nMM.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 287
I'll prob be able to get one more done tomorrow, and two more next week. I'll let ya know!
With all the Oakley's I bought in about a week or less, money will be a bit tight next month. lol. i'll let you know if i will still be interested in grabbing one.