• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Homemade Display Stand!

Going make some for oblazer and see if they work well, and then I should have a template for future reference. They were kinda difficult to make, due to the stupid router eating up the inside, but it was worth it. I decided to keep all parts free from each other so you could take it down and what not if needed, and store it compactly. (Not screwed together, just held in place by itself). This way, if you really wanted, you could switch out the spine and put bigger/smaller increments, more shelves/less shelves, and all that. After I finish some for oBlazer, I'll probably have a better idea on how to make them faster. (This only took me 20 minutes, but still haha).

nice work dude . . .
looks pretty cool with combination between wood and plexi!!! GREAT

I wasn't sure about it when you just posted the just finished pic, but after seeing it in the case, it does look really good!

I would paint it black and then put an "O" sticker on it just as others have mentioned.

Very nice work!

Got an update for ya OBlazer. Got both stands cut out (the spine), and the base. Just need to route the joints in unless you want to just screw them in manually. One has 3 grooves on top of the bottom piece, so you can fit up to 3 shelves and 4 sunnies. (They are 3.5" spaced apart). I made a mistake though lol. I picked out some reddish wood by accident as the spine, while the base is more brownish. It isn't terrible in terms of contrast/clash, but it is noticeable from close up. I also picked out some thicker plexiglass, which should hopefully hold up a little better. Going to cut it out probably tomorrow morning, and finish up the routes today. I'll keep ya posted!

Here's the finished product for one stand:

MZhAN.jpg

The plexiglass I used was at .098 or something like that, so I wasn't able to squeeze two pieces in there to close the gap. Thus, you will need to put a piece of paper or something under it. Also, for anyone else that might be interested and Yoshi, I cut the plexiglass to just over 7 1/2" x 7 7/8". That way, you can not only fit the sunnies, but put a box behind it. No idea how it will work, and haven't really thought of it because I don't have a majority of the boxes, but it should work. The only issues is how much overhang there is from the base due to this. Again, it is fully customizable, and nothing is set in place. Everything is dry fit and won't budge.

VsgDI.jpg

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• MZhAN.jpg
    MZhAN.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 224
  • VsgDI.jpg
    VsgDI.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 169
  • MZhAN.jpg
    MZhAN.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 171