1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Well IMHO since white shows off lens color and hues better than any other color I decided to make a white photo booth for shooting glasses....Whenever I try to shoot pics of my glasses in my display case the nice lens colors never show up....Now I am not much of a photographer but I figured this would help.....I acquired this X-Ray viewing box years ago while doing a hospital remodel....bought 2 sheets of foamboard at Michaels and for $6 I have a photo booth.

Homemade Photo Box....... - juvatura.jpg

Homemade Photo Box....... - uty2aqab.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

That looks great! Cant wait to see the pics!

3. Dyeraudio

LOL...me too!....iPhone camera will not work because of the brown horizontal bars when I take a pic....they're like resolution pics on a computer screen....gotta break out the "good" camera.....

4. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

go to a fabric store or even on ebay, and find white microsuede (microfiber) material. It works perfect for killing reflection and glare from plastic surfaces. Only downside to this type of setup is no light allowed in from the sides. You have to catch it all direct from the front. Not a major issue, but can be depending on situation. Better than paying for expensive stuff lol

5. Dyeraudio

Thx for the tips Josh. Much appreciated!

6. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

no sweat man. I would actually suggest trying the fabric wrapped on a wire frame in the same shape and lighting from the sides. But in all honesty, if you are going to spend much, just go on ebay and get a picture box setup with lights. But really, for about $30, you can build a killer little setup. Fabric is like $8/yd and you would need maybe 1-1.5 yards depending on size, 3 clamp light fixtures from Wal Mart @ $5 each, and a pack of CFL bulbs from wal mart also are like $6 (get 5000k or like 5400k in that range and 23w or better). Hang one over the top of the thing, and 1 on each side and I would say you are beyond set. That amount of material will yield you at least a 24" box or more.

or just buy this one like I did lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Square-Perf...s-/310466673093?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true