• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Honestly 9/10 Overall. No Scratches On Lens" - My Ass

DPN

Oakley Beginner
More like: 5/10 overall. Need new lenses!

(I could have taken 10 pictures like these but figured a few would do it)

CameraZOOM-20111102142934161.jpg
CameraZOOM-20111102142922941.jpg
CameraZOOM-20111102142913221.jpg

Bought these from a member of another forum that i have been a member of for years. Yes "9/10 no scratches" bull **** is a direct quote. Couldn't really get a good lens pic, but they need new lenses badly. The worst part was, that it was one of those "Need money badly, need to sell these quick, please help" type sells. So even after i beat him down off of his unrealistic price to "meh, why not" price I actually felt good and glad that i could help the guy out.

some people rate item with a 9/10 and some would rate the same with less than 6 . . .
different views of the use and the value, you know?!

i would rate the frame with a 6 if i take a look at your pics!

I wouldn't consider anything below an 8/10. I would've paid $15 for those. At least the earsocks look good and are worth the cash. Would've used them to wear while mowing and weed whacking the lawn.

I had seen a few pictures prior to buying. Not super great pictures, but I thought i had a basic idea. He also has good feedback, so I thought I could put some faith in his word in regards to the condition.

I wouldn't consider anything below an 8/10. I would've paid $15 for those. At least the earsocks look good and are worth the cash. Would've used them to wear while mowing and weed whacking the lawn.

If i do end up keeping them, that is what they will end up being worn for.

I don't even know what i wan't to do yet. I might be interested in keeping them if he wants to re-negotiate price and send me a parting refund or if he would prefer I could just send them back. However, if he just plays stupid or accuses me of damaging them I'll just go ahead and file a claim which will only hurt him.

would try the refund before you pull the trigger for negative feedback!

I had the same thing happen. Member on another forum I'm a long time member of, sold a set of "Like New" condition Half Jackets.

The top of the frame where they'd sit flipped over looked like they were dragged over concrete, and the set off lenses he sent with it were literally cloudy with scratches. He ended up sending me a second set of lenses, also advertised as "like new" that were usable. I ended up trading them for a set of M-Frames not too long after.

Completely pissed me off. i can understand a little misunderstanding or not including a few condition items, but "LIKE NEW" and getting a pair that went through a garbage disposal...