• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Honestly 9/10 Overall. No Scratches On Lens" - My Ass

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-exchange/537-oakley-juliet.html

this is him! it was overall still a good deal which i got them for! :)
Yeah there's a few things that raise red flags for me on that listing.

One being that he listed them since June and you bought them in October. Usually a good offer doesn't last that long so for it to go that many months without being bought raises doubts. Second being he lists an email contact instead of keeping the deal communication on the boards. Seems awfully Craigslisty to me. Third being he does talk about specifics. No description about the condition of the frame or lenses.

I sent him a lot of emails to him asking about the condition on the frame etc. The frame was flawless only a slight flex on the nose bridge, the black iridium is perfect cant see any visible scratches. I paid $230 to ship to singapore. So.... 30 for shipping means 200 for the frame... minus 30 for the hardcase... so overall 170 for the shades plus two extra lenses. Overall good deal seeing how carbon frames has sky rocketed in price which now 170-200+

yeah still decent pickup, and you can use the other lenses as beater lenses anyhow. annoying about the misleading sale but no loss i guess

Yup! still a pretty good deal. The scratch on the ice lens is at the top so does not affect vision so it is all good! :))

yeap! pretty good deal in my case cause shipping to singapore is already 30USD and plus i got a xmetal case for only 8USD so total investment $238 and i can easily get back all my money if i decide to sell them if i really really need the money! :)

I have had this many times also with glasses and cd's and "like new" should not mean scratches or a burned copy of a legit cd. i only buy on Ebay from the same 4 or 5 people.. for Oakleys I have found deals where seller's order is fulfilled by Amazon and they are always mint. i would insist on returning that Flak if it was me....unacceptable...

Recent pair of Antix I bought (in another thread) was described as basically new, and unused. Got the glasses and inspected them. Hinges were extremely loose, which I wasn't too concerned about. There were a lot of micro scratches on the lenses, but nothing that would interfere with my vision...but then I looked at the frame. There were some small scratches around the frame on all angles, and the outer edges of the lenses looked pretty gross. They are my experimental pair though so I wasn't too upset. Stuck some Juliet nose bombs on them (which most people think I'm crazy doing...) and they were good to go.