• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hosed On Ebay - Pro M Array PICS ADDED

I don't think you quite follow.

I paid $275 for the package, with the understanding things were used but well taken care of and in good condition. What I got I felt was NOT what I paid for, namely two lenses showing cracks and heavy wear from the frame, one lens in good shape, the "new" lens clearly showing use, all rubber sticky and earsocks stretched out, no "extra" nose pieces, a spare rubber kit for a different frame, one frame with more chipping than described, and one frame, a case, a micro bag, and a "chums" strap in good+ condition.

I asked for $150 back (making it $125 for the lot), he offered to give $75 back (making it $200 for the lot).

I've come here to ask if what I got was reasonable given the description, and what people think I should be looking for (if anything) in money returned given the condition.
oh. I was under the impression you paid $150 for the whole thing and he offered to refund you $75 dollars for him being a lying goon. Yeah in that case definitely go after him, he's a terrible person.

I'd not be happy at all with the condition of anything there. If they are not as described I'd want my money back, end of. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Send the items back recorded delivery & put in a claim for all you money. The condition is CRAP.

I sent a message back being more detailed about how the missing iridium is an issue since it will make it very easy to flake into the visible areas, the stress cracks means the life is severely reduced, the rubber all needs to be boiled, the spare rubber kit doesn't fit this, extra means in addition to what is needed, and new does not mean used in good condition.

He comes back with "good and very good show signs of wear, scratches, etc" and some BS about working with me on taking on the shipping and insurance costs ($16 via FedEx), taking the hit on Paypal fees, and selling below his buy-it-now price.

I'm just tired of his BS. He upped his offer to $100 refund, I'll take it and see if I can't make some of it back with selling a few items out of this package.

Can you post the eBay ID#? I'd like to do a little recon on the seller.
Nah, I'd rather not post his info. I don't think he had malicious intent, he's just one of those people that thinks good condition means the scratches haven't begun to obstruct vision regardless of other factors.

This deal wasnt done through ebay, right?
Found the listing on ebay, sent him an offer, he wanted to settle off ebay to avoid the fees. Which is enough to nail his ass to the wall if I elevate it to a claim.

dude that sucks. yeah in that condition i dont see more than 150 there.

thats a pretty cool Gen1/2 rubber kit though. if you end up keeping it and wanna unload that set i'm keen. theyre a dead match for old zero rubbers and im missing a set
He doesn't seem to want it back and we're negotiating a refund. $175 for the whole thing in the end. Not great, but MUCH better than the original cost. And if I sell the rubber kit for $25 I get back into reasonable territory.

Just read this thread. I've been burned before but PayPal didn't help me at all. I'm really careful buying anything from anyone nowadays.

I hope you get the full amount refunded which you requested!

Yeah, I'll get around in the next day or two, once I get my money back and the issue is put to bed. I don't want to do anything in case something happens and he wants them back after I've killed some rubber and sold off half the kit.

I've equally bad experiences on Ebay as well. I think it's a crap shoot; sometime you get good hauls and other times you get burned. It seems like you have perfectly legitimate case against the seller, so you will for sure get your money back. Good luck with everything!