• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

House Robbed

jrd5497

Oakley Expert
TN
Well I left my house around 11 on Satrday mornng to go with a friend to a bike shop to help her pick out a road bike. My gf went over to my house at 12:40 to find that it had been broken into. My first thought was all of my Oakleys are going to be gone. Suprisingly they did not even touch my display case (21 pairs, icluding OTT, 2 Juliets, Penny) or the brand new TdF Radarlock XLs that I had just picked up from my sister, which were sitting on the ottoman waiting for me to find a spot in the case for them.

They did take all of my electronics - 2 TVs, 2 laptops, Xbox360, PS3, about 20 games, controllers and DVDs.

The door frame was busted in so I'm getting a new door installed today.

I guess I feel lucky that they did't take my Oakleys as those would have been harder to replace then the electronic stuff. I think insurance will cover it all except for the computers. I think I had to have a special rider for computers and I didn't.

I will also be getting an alarm system installed ASAP.

Use this as a reminder to have all of your seria numbers stored somewhere so you can give that info to the police

Also, if you see any good deals on a laptop let me know. Thanks

Wow crazy bro always my fear of that happening glad to hear Ur collection is safe but sorry that it happened to U

That is unreal. Looks like the robbers knew what they wanted and sunglasses were not it. Hope you recover quick.

People aren't happy with their own stuff and feel the need to go after others. Sorry for your loss. Hope they catch the idiots who did it.

Check into installing a CCTV system too. I have them on both houses/garages and I would never go without one. Can get email/text if something trips a camera, can monitor real time with smartphone, tablet or computer. Plus hundreds of hours of DVR recording and they are very affordable.

I am sorry to hear about this. This has to be the worst fear of mine. I hate the idea of people touching my stuff and let alone being broken in to. I hope you are able to make a full recovery quickly and good thing they did not take anything that shouldn't be to hard to replace. Good luck on the security system set up in the future.

Any chance that your GF did it because you were hanging out with another girl at the bike shop?
Kinda like when you go to a movie and when you come home you find that your puppy has trashed your house?
:rolleyes:

You have my sympathy. Yes, they are just "things," and they can be replaced, but it's still a loss, and more than that a violation of sorts. Good luck sorting everything out. It sounds like you're already in a better frame of mind than I would be.

Sorry to hear about this man, but I feel your pain. My house was broken into about 8 months ago and they took every pair of Oakley's I had, all 58 of them. I'm glad they didn't touch your Oakley's, because we all know how much they mean to us.

Back