• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

House Robbed

Thank you all for the support. I'm still a bit pissed about the whole thing, but trying to be calm and just focus on preventing it from happening again. A security system is being installed today. Its a shame I've never had or thought I'd ever need a security system.

I'll probably be hitting up some of the pawn shops today or tomorrow, just "browsing." The detective is supposed to call me today and let me know if he was able to find anything with the serial numbers I gave him.

Absolutely terrible to hear. Hopefully the security system will be able to give you your peace of mind back. I agree with what others suggested, a CCTV system is a great way to keep an eye on your house.You can pick a good one up for a couple hundred bucks with ~8 cameras and ability to record. They also allow you to check in on your house from your smart phone/laptop no matter where you are. I have friends who have caught several vandals using these. Just an idea to help you get back to your normal peace of mind.

Absolutely terrible to hear. Hopefully the security system will be able to give you your peace of mind back. I agree with what others suggested, a CCTV system is a great way to keep an eye on your house.You can pick a good one up for a couple hundred bucks with ~8 cameras and ability to record. They also allow you to check in on your house from your smart phone/laptop no matter where you are. I have friends who have caught several vandals using these. Just an idea to help you get back to your normal peace of mind.

Any suggestons on a secific CCTV model/system? I've never looked into those before so I don't really know too much about them. I really do like that idea and will prob install one as well.

Great thing with security system cameras also is you can have it setup to send you txt messages if it detects motion which is extremely helpful also. Some systems are better and some not that great but most will do the job you need.

Latest Posts

Back