• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How a female got hooked on xmetal

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't posted my intro sooner. My name is Vanessa. I've been hooked on Juliets for roughly 12/13 years.

How did this come to be? To shorten a crazy story..

I took them in the divorce! My ex bought himself Romeo, Penny and Juliets. I remember the day I found them and saw the prices. I was upset that at no time did he offer me a pair. As the marriage deteriorated, I decided I wanted those glasses. ALL OF THEM. So, I simply took them and hid them in the air duct system! At the time, I had no idea they'd be retired or collectible. I didn't grab the boxes but I dig grab all lenses and rubbers. This was 2003.

It was quite comical to watch him go through his things searching for them, cussing. I never admitted I took them. He never admitted to buying them.

Under normal circumstances, I would never do this to someone. My ex was a violent individual. Long story short, justice was served.

As time went on, bills came due and the Romeo were the first to go at $450. Later, the Penny's settled my daycare debt of $600. I held on to those Juliets- Plasma Fire Iridium. Times were hard and that's the one luxury item I never parted with. The nosebridge stayed loose for years. It finally got so bad and stuffing paper in there no longer worked I just stored them away- for 6 years.

One day after times were good again, I pulled out the Juliets. I decided I wanted to fix them and get new lenses since mine couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I headed off to an oakley store having NO clue they'd long retired and were collectors items. The clerk got very excited about my frames. Too excited in fact. He offered me $200. These things were flopping from eye to eye. I declined and asked for them to be repaired and that's when he told me- unless oakley in cali does it, "you're SOL". I sent them in and got the only lenses left, BIP. Before I knew it, I wound up here and now I got Tha feva'
Cheers

thank you for the story....and welcome!

Great story. Don't let my wife read it though :eek:. I've never hid any purchases from her and she's the one urging me on to buy something when I find good deals on Oakley items so I am a very lucky man. Thanks for sharing.

Wow that is a story, welcome to the forum, I love Juliets too I have 5 pairs, Ice, Fire, Emerald, Black & my fav Ruby.

Merry Christmas

David

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't posted my intro sooner. My name is Vanessa. I've been hooked on Juliets for roughly 12/13 years.

How did this come to be? To shorten a crazy story..

I took them in the divorce! My ex bought himself Romeo, Penny and Juliets. I remember the day I found them and saw the prices. I was upset that at no time did he offer me a pair. As the marriage deteriorated, I decided I wanted those glasses. ALL OF THEM. So, I simply took them and hid them in the air duct system! At the time, I had no idea they'd be retired or collectible. I didn't grab the boxes but I dig grab all lenses and rubbers. This was 2003.

It was quite comical to watch him go through his things searching for them, cussing. I never admitted I took them. He never admitted to buying them.

Under normal circumstances, I would never do this to someone. My ex was a violent individual. Long story short, justice was served.

As time went on, bills came due and the Romeo were the first to go at $450. Later, the Penny's settled my daycare debt of $600. I held on to those Juliets- Plasma Fire Iridium. Times were hard and that's the one luxury item I never parted with. The nosebridge stayed loose for years. It finally got so bad and stuffing paper in there no longer worked I just stored them away- for 6 years.

One day after times were good again, I pulled out the Juliets. I decided I wanted to fix them and get new lenses since mine couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I headed off to an oakley store having NO clue they'd long retired and were collectors items. The clerk got very excited about my frames. Too excited in fact. He offered me $200. These things were flopping from eye to eye. I declined and asked for them to be repaired and that's when he told me- unless oakley in cali does it, "you're SOL". I sent them in and got the only lenses left, BIP. Before I knew it, I wound up here and now I got Tha feva'
Cheers
This is my first post. Great story. Sorry you had to see the first two. I hope you make a better choice next time.

Thats a great story, the wife beater deserved to lose his x metals. Welcome to the forum. I have been collecting Oakley Glasses since 1985 and I bought my first pair of Juliets in 1999. I now own over 300 pair of glasses, 30 watches and a **** load of other Oakley stuff. Oakley has been a great company to follow over the years and the Forum has been a great resource to perpetuate my obsession. Its great to see more Females joining the fold. My wife isn't a hater and she not a huge fan, but she tolerates my habit and she does benefit now and then. I just scored her a Holeshot 3 dial/Diamond Edition Watch for her birthday. Enjoy your Juliets and keep the faith, you got a bad one last time so you through him back, there are still plenty of fish in the sea.

Kind Regards,
Mike

Thats a great story, the wife beater deserved to lose his x metals. Welcome to the forum. I have been collecting Oakley Glasses since 1985 and I bought my first pair of Juliets in 1999. I now own over 300 pair of glasses, 30 watches and a **** load of other Oakley stuff. Oakley has been a great company to follow over the years and the Forum has been a great resource to perpetuate my obsession. Its great to see more Females joining the fold. My wife isn't a hater and she not a huge fan, but she tolerates my habit and she does benefit now and then. I just scored her a Holeshot 3 dial/Diamond Edition Watch for her birthday. Enjoy your Juliets and keep the faith, you got a bad one last time so you through him back, there are still plenty of fish in the sea.

Kind Regards,
Mike
Thank you kindly. I got a good man now that I just bought Ducati Juliets for. He loves them! I'm glad I found the forum.

Back