• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How About A "Vintage Collection Section"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod support here!! I am in for it. I think a vintage area would be awesome. Vintage discussion, Vintage collection, vintage recent purchase and Vintage exchange. And to make it easy, I think it should stay in its own forum section and include metals, wires, o-matter, etc. Vintage as a defination can be looked at differently, so lets come up with some requirements like Circa 2000 or discontinued artist line , etc.

I will pass it own to Oakley Boss, for his thoughts........ GREAT IDEA!!!

I think it is a good idea, and it has come up before, my only thought is, we would need a strict set of rules for vintage. I would probably do Vintage Dicussion, Recent Purchases, and exchange. I don't want too many sections it become overwhelming. I don't want the board to be too confusing on where to post things. THat is why before I would set this up I would need to know what the rules would be so they don't conflict with other sections. Let's say you have metals, where do you post them? Does year matter? I am just trying to get what the general consensus of "vintage" is.

My thought is that the Model be discontinued for at least 5 years.

In the case of X Metals for instance as you mentioned, that makes all X Metals with Serial Numbers eligible as Vintage.

I would still like a little more clear(and fixed) criteria. Like you said 5 years discontinued, but my problem with that is, what happens when a model that is now available is discontinued and 5 years from now people post about it in the vintage section. Now some posts on the product are in the vintage section, some are in sunglasses/other sections. I just want a static criteria that is clear and definitive. I don't want it to become to confusing for people to know where to post something. There are already a lot of sections, and I want to make sure if we add another, it has a clear and definitive outline.

While i would love a "Vintage" section, it seems Oakley is discontinuing frames faster than we can buy. Not to mention eventually all the current frames will become "Vintage".

I would say for a "clear and definitive outline", frames that were produced during the Jim Jannard era should be considered "Vintage" and anything after that just stays in the general discussion. Exceptions to this rule would be frames created during JJ, but are still available now, but will be discontinued, i.e. Juliets.

I would say true vintage would be the pre-'99 pairs, before the current O-Matter and the huge re-release of pairs with the 'New' moniker in 1999. There's a lot less of those pairs since the plastic is so brittle, the molded icons are a dead giveaway in most cases.

This includes Zero 0.1 through 0.6, Sub Zero, Gen1/Gen2 M-Frame, Eye Jacket 1, Topcoat, Trenchcoat, Moon, Romeo, Fives 1, Tens 1, Minute 1, Mars, Racing Jacket Gen1, Romeo, New Frogs, Straight Jacket 1, Blade, Razord Blade, Slit, Eye Shade, Mumbo.

Most of these besides the metals, are pairs we don't really hear that much about. But then again, there's so little discussion about these why do they need a dedicated section?

I would say true vintage would be the pre-'99 pairs, before the current O-Matter and the huge re-release of pairs with the 'New' moniker in 1999. There's a lot less of those pairs since the plastic is so brittle, the molded icons are a dead giveaway in most cases.

This includes Zero 0.1 through 0.6, Sub Zero, Gen1/Gen2 M-Frame, Eye Jacket 1, Topcoat, Trenchcoat, Moon, Romeo, Fives 1, Tens 1, Minute 1, Mars, Racing Jacket Gen1, Romeo, New Frogs, Straight Jacket 1, Blade, Razord Blade, Slit, Eye Shade, Mumbo.

Most of these besides the metals, are pairs we don't really hear that much about. But then again, there's so little discussion about these why do they need a dedicated section?

i sure would like more chatter on vintage zeros. my absolute fav line next to metals. lets go with pre 2003, when they changed the lines drastically and created the new Omatter material.

Up to '02 adds;
Current M-Frames, E Wire, OO, T Wire, New Zero 0.4 [squared, golf], New Zero 0.7 [squared], New Eye Jacket, New Straight Jacket, XX, A Wire, C Wire, Square Wire, Eye Jacket 2.0, Water Jacket, Four, Over the Top, Why, Four S, Penny, Scar, Mag Switch, Fives 2.0, Half Jacket, Medusa, Wiretap, Half Pint, Half Wire, Mag Four, Mag Four S, Mag M-Frame, Splice, Fate, Eye Jacket 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back