1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mizztyler91

Mizztyler91 Oakley Beginner

around salt water? I've heard both good and negative things about Oakley's lenses when it comes to salt water. And, I admit, I've only ever worn my Maui Jims around the ocean (I only have one pair, don't kill me! Please! :eek: ). Oakley is my favorite by far though, and I'd really like to know if I'm going to do any harm to them around salt water this summer. I've worn them in chlorinated pools and had no troubles.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

If you are gonna be around salt water, just try not to submerge the glasses into the water if at all possible.

After you leave make sure you thoroughly rinse your glasses off with clean water.

3. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

I never wear any of my O's around a swimmimng pool or the sea. I've a pair of Bloc Scorpions for that. If they get damaged I won't loose any sleep. Like Bat say's clean them straight away. I've heard of the salt affecting the coatings & the same with chlorine too.

4. nick8ken

nick8ken Oakley Beginner

good question!

5. oakleyfiguer

oakleyfiguer Oakley Beginner

pretty far from water. but not recommended by the sea are hurt much and the mirrors are striped.

6. CaptainClark

CaptainClark Oakley Beginner

I wouldn't chance it myself

7. EddieB

EddieB Oakley Beginner

I have polarized Inmates that I wear in saltwater and chlorine. They started to form a couple small bubbles in the coating at the edges, but I do not know if the salt/chlorine was the cause. No other problems with rainbowing, etc.