• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How are Oakley's lenses

Mizztyler91

Oakley Beginner
Columbia, MO
around salt water? I've heard both good and negative things about Oakley's lenses when it comes to salt water. And, I admit, I've only ever worn my Maui Jims around the ocean (I only have one pair, don't kill me! Please! :eek: ). Oakley is my favorite by far though, and I'd really like to know if I'm going to do any harm to them around salt water this summer. I've worn them in chlorinated pools and had no troubles.

If you are gonna be around salt water, just try not to submerge the glasses into the water if at all possible.

After you leave make sure you thoroughly rinse your glasses off with clean water.

I never wear any of my O's around a swimmimng pool or the sea. I've a pair of Bloc Scorpions for that. If they get damaged I won't loose any sleep. Like Bat say's clean them straight away. I've heard of the salt affecting the coatings & the same with chlorine too.

I have polarized Inmates that I wear in saltwater and chlorine. They started to form a couple small bubbles in the coating at the edges, but I do not know if the salt/chlorine was the cause. No other problems with rainbowing, etc.

Back