• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Can I Get My Cabinet Lights To Work?

MAGNUS

Oakley Enthusiast
ujygy3an.jpg

peqezete.jpg
4aqy5agy.jpg

qavadyqu.jpg

unaneqa7.jpg

These are some of the internal parts on the bottom of my cabinet. There is a switch on the bottom. How do I get the lights to work? There is no plug to put in a light socket.

How did you open the bottom? I can try to open mine out and take pictures. If that would help.

see the white panel where th x metals are. If you take a flat object you can lift up the bottom panel.

That is it? I can do that easy enough. I will get it open tomorrow and get some pictures in the morning.

its just a standard ballast fired florescent setup. the white box is the ballast. Some of the wires coming out of that should go to the lights, and then 3 wires (probably white, black, and green) should go to a plug for the wall outlet.

Im guessing someone has removed the cord. It should go to the switch first, then to the ballast.

The ballast has the wiring schematic. Look at the drawing on the label. On the top left it says "line", the white and black go to your switch. You need to wire a plug to the switch.

yeah you can see the black/white wires in one of the pictures:

figure out where that goes. My bet is that runs to the switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
After opening my case up it looks the same as yours. So pictures would not help any

where is your switch mounted, and does the power cord run directly to the switch?

Is there a place to plug the cord into the bottom of the case next to the switch? Here is what the end of the plug looks like.
y6yhe3yg.jpg

The plug says

new square NS- 15
QT3

Back