• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Can You Tell Between Plasma And Titanium Non Serialized Frame

Titanium is more of a low sheen grey......2nd and 3rd gen plasma is more translucent almost like a clear coat over the existing finish, but that changes as you go back to first gen stuff which is a flat silver color, some people call it a bone coloration.......but of course I could be wrong.

Titanium is more of a low sheen grey......2nd and 3rd gen plasma is more translucent almost like a clear coat over the existing finish, but that changes as you go back to first gen stuff which is a flat silver color, some people call it a bone coloration.......but of course I could be wrong.
Good explanation Mark, I think i got it now. Much appreciated man.

Found this on Flickr: I'm guessing the left/top is titanium and right/bottom is plasma
8168018404_e587b3e650_o.jpg

Plasma is shiny, Titanium is Matte and could be described as a bit lighter than X-Metal

The early titanium finish, like the plasma was also a lighter matte finish in comparison to later models. The pictured Juliets above shows a later titanium frame.

Hello all. New here. I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but I have a similar question that I do not think warrants a new thread. What is the difference between the plasma/carbon/titanium frames. I know the difference in how they look. I am more asking in regards to what is the difference in manufacturing process. Are they all considered x-metal or is that reserved for the titanium frames only?

Edit: I believe I found my answer at O-review after further searching.

Back