• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Could I Change The Icons On A Fast Jacket?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the icons on a Fast Jacket and if so where can I get them? I ordered some prescription ones but if I got one with red icons they would have been considered custom. The price difference would have been $60 ($140 minus $80 reimbursement from my insurance and no sales tax) or $230 (with no insurance reimbursement and sales tax) for just the red icon.

For $170 more I forgot about the red icons, but I can't help but think if I could replace them myself. Another question though, if I am able to exchange the icons, would that void the warranty?

BTW, the no sales tax on RX order is pretty awesome. I was not aware of that part.

Thanks everyone.

I've removed the icons on a Fast Jacket. It's the same as most any O-Matter frame. Get a bowl or water hot/near boiling and let the frame soak in it for a couple minutes (remove lenses first). This will loosen/soften the glue that holds the icon in place. After that, take a small object like a pin or something and work it under the icon and gently lift it up. You've got to be careful not to mark the frame as you do it. The glue may come off with the icon, or some may stay on the frame.

As far as re-installing, clean off any glue on the bottom of the icon and you can then either use glue to put it back in place (which will make it permanent), or double-sided sticky tape (would make it removable again, but because of how small the FJ icon is may not work).

As far as where to find new icons, there are some on eBay sometimes, but they usually close $30+ and you have to hope to find the color you want. What I did was remove my original icons and send them to be custom-painted by Colorado Custom Look (they also did a custom paint on the frame and on the switchlock mechanism). You could do so and send to any of the folks that do custom painting (Dr Chop, CCL, etc.). Or, you could brave painting the icon yourself and re-installing.

Hope that helps.

What glue does oakley use? It allows to remove the icons fairly easy, yet keeps it in place securily.

Latest Posts

Back