1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. prhymeate

prhymeate Oakley Beginner

Hiya,

I'm a road cyclist and wanted to buy some Black Oakley Radar EV glasse with the Prizm Road lenses. So far, the Black frames do not come with the Prizm Road, only Prizm Trail and Iridium lenses.

I emailed Oakley who said they aren't currently available with Road lenses but would be added to the custom range in a few months. I'm not sure I can afford a customised pair though.

Has anyone tried both? Would I be missing out a lot by using Trail lenses on the road? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm in the UK for what it's worth.

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

I don't have personal experience with either lens, but based on comments here on the forum I don't think the Trail lens would be dark enough, and in addition you wouldn't be getting the benefit of the prizm color filtering designed specifically for your application.

prhymeate likes this.
  3. prhymeate

Thanks, I was worried they might be a bit too different. I guess I'll have to see if I can find someone who might want to swap lenses or frames.

4. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

Imo - Trail is v similar to Persimmon

prhymeate likes this.
  5. prhymeate

Cheers, looks like I'll have to try and find someone who wants to do a trade or something...

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

There's quite a bit of a difference between the two - I posted some pics somewhere, let me dig them up...

prhymeate likes this.
  7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

prhymeate likes this.
  8. prhymeate

oh wow, yea there is a big difference. I hadn't expected them to be so different after looking at a few photos online. Thanks for taking the time to snap the photos and digging up the link again, I really appreciate it.

kronin323 likes this.
  9. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

I own both lens, you can buy the replacement lens online or at the oakley store. It's good to own both!! I like road for the sunny days and trail for the overcast days!! When I first tried out the trail lens I hated it cause you can see your eyes thru the lens and it wasn't dark enough but after using the lens on cloudy or overcast days, it became my go to lens for those conditions.

Wavecloud likes this.
  10. OakleyFreak

OakleyFreak RIP RoTors