• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do Asian Fit Frogskins Fit As Compared To Regular Ones?

All in all. I feel they look exactly the same. Just the nose piece is at a different angle. Making it tighter. They sit a little tiny bit higher than the other ones. And feel tighter.
Wore them yesterday. And kept getting those indents on my nose.
It doesn't happen with the regular froggies.

Let me know if you guys have questions.

Asian-Fit Frogskins have slightly more material in the nose bridge area. Although there are no nosebomb pieces on a frogskin, the frame is most definitely thicker in that area to create a more narrow opening for a shallower nose bridge. This is done to make the frame sit farther away from your face. As mentioned before by others, this would probably create discomfort if you do not have a shallow nose bridge. From a straight-on look it is nearly impossible to tell the difference. This is do Hope this helps!

I was told at a Factory Store by an employee that the Asian Fit is no different on any of the models and that it is all a marketing ploy that Oakley uses. I am not sure if this is true or not, it's just what I was told.

Thats most definitely incorrect. They clearly need to brush up on their Product Knowledge. LOL.. Anyone with a set of eyes can see physically they are not the same. Next time youre close to an O-Store, pop in and ask a sales associate to show a side by side comparison of the nose bridge of the same frame and the difference is quite obvious.

Thats most definitely incorrect. They clearly need to brush up on their Product Knowledge. LOL.. Anyone with a set of eyes can see physically they are not the same. Next time youre close to an O-Store, pop in and ask a sales associate to show a side by side comparison of the nose bridge of the same frame and the difference is quite obvious.
Yesterday afternoon, I checked Oakley.com like always and I saw they added Asian Fit Frogskins (and Holbrooks) and when I saw they brought back Ti Clear I was sooo stoked but I've never once tried on an Asian Fit Frog. Can anyone post an on face pic of how different the Asian Fit Frogz are compared to regular ones! Thanks :)

View attachment 6942

Oakley Frogskins (Asian Fit) | Official Oakley Store
That may take awhile as it has to travel to Portland first before my freight forwarder can send then to me in Singapore ha!

Could you show me where's the link for Asian fit frogs? I can't seem to find it. I'm located in Singapore too. Love to order a pair.

So asian fit lenses are swappable? I was thinking of doing the same, getting the frogs and also these chainlinks and putting the lenses in regular frames, but wanted to check here before I was stuck with ill fitting lenses.

Oakley Chainlink (Asian Fit) | Official Oakley Store

Hi, were you able to do the same for chainlink? That is fitting lenses for the regular chainlink into the "asian fit chainlink frame"?

Last edited:
Sorry about resurrecting an old thread.

So to clarify. The ONLY differences between Asian fit frogskins and normal frogskins are a slightly adjusted nose bridge and some different colour combos. ie. the arms, curvature of actual frame and lenses (more importantly) are exactly the same.

Latest Posts

Back