• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do I Leave Feedback On Ebay?

hearno

Oakley Collector
I sold some glasses on ebay recently and I'd like to leave negative feedback for the buyer. When I click the "leave feedback" button under "all selling" the only option I have is "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later." I don't want either of those, I'd like to leave negative feedback. Anyone know how?

that is the lamest crap of all time. i hate everything about ebay. i lost control on their customer service people the other day on the phone. i hate them would be the central theme of this post.

Unfortunately eBay have a monopoly on auction websites. At least in the US Craigslist gets a lot of attention. Here in the UK Craigslist isn't that big a thing. The alternative is Gumtree but that is also eBay owned and run and also a very poor website, for every one genuine reply to an ad you'll get 5 scam replies.

I've said it many times before, eBay's stated goal is to become a direct competitor to Amazon, i.e. business selling goods to customers at a set price. eBay is no longer interested in private sellers selling their wares in auction format, and they've stated that publicly. On eBay UK at least, business sellers get preferential treatment in search results as well as better fee rates for listing items and items sold.

eBay removed the option for sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers a few years ago. At the time they said it was because buyers were not buying on eBay because they feared getting a negative feedback score and by removing that option for sellers more buyers would buy more items and sellers would make more money (and therefore eBay makes more money). However, my personal experience has not been that I've actually sold more, but I have sold dozens of items only for the buyer to never actually end up paying, tying me up for 8 whole days as you have to wait for unpaid item case to get resolved. Now buyers know they can't get negative feedback they just waste a lot of peoples time.

There are also many more scams eBay run to get more money out of sellers unfairly but I won't go in to those now because I'd get angry again!

+ 1... The most stupid, expensive and unfair way to sell on the Internet... **** eBay

It's more fair than ads I've seen in this forum where members list items for sale don't reply to PM's and wind up selling to whomever suits their fancy. At least everybody has a fair shot in the eBay scenario.

My .02

Wow I did not know sellers couldn't leave negative feedback. Around how long should a seller wait before contacting ebay to get a refund on final value fee and to re-post?

Wow I did not know sellers couldn't leave negative feedback. Around how long should a seller wait before contacting ebay to get a refund on final value fee and to re-post?

The minimum you can wait is 4 days. After that time you can submit an unpaid item case to eBay but you then have to wait another 4 days to allow the buyer the chance to buy so overall the minimum time is 8 days before you get a final value fee credit and can re-list the item.

Back