• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Acquire Oakleys

Greyshot26

Oakley Beginner
As just a way to get some discussion going, I'm curious as to how most of you guys/gals get your Oakleys. Do you buy them from a nearby O-Store? (A luxury I certainly don't have), oakley.com, the Vault, Sunglass Huts, eBay, 3rd Party Retailers?

I feel like I've scored 2 good deals on eBay, but there's the tradeoff of 'what happens if these aren't legit?' I guess for some people, that fear is enough to dissuade them.

At the same time, when I do manage to get to an Oakley store, I feel relatively required to buy a pair. I'm not sure if it's the atmosphere or the fact that when I can get to one, it's a special occasion of sorts and I feel it makes sense, but I haven't entered one without leaving with a new pair. Never fails.

So how do you make your Oakley purchases? Where do you get your best deals?

All of the above. I'm lucky enough that my nearest O-Store is only a short walk from home, I've got a buddy who manages a Vault that keeps me abreast of any deals that pop up. I regularly trawl eBay for pieces from the late 90's/early 2000's, but since I worked in surf retail around that time and handled the stores warranty/repair claims, I saw quite a few fakes from that time so I stay away from certain styles since I just can't be sure (fake Splice seamed to be fairly common back then, and as much as I want some I can't bring myself to do it), and I travel a bit for work, so I always stop past SGH at whatever airport I'm passing through to see if their is a bargain to be had

Every which way. Never Craigslist, but only because the right deal hasn't popped up there.

Got most of my best deals on Craigslist but can lead to many disappointments along with the triumphs. Also use the local O Store, Vault and HQ nearby and Ebay. Thanks to the many here on the forum my most pleasurable buying/selling experiences are found right here.

Most of my daily wearers and my two display cases came from Craigslist... I've acquired a few pairs here on the OF.
I tend to stay away from eBay... But will jump when the right deal comes along.

I also have a Vault about 20 mi from me and am friends with the manager so he keeps me up to date with all the best deals...

I can't say I'm lucky enough to have found the perfect deal here and other than saving 50 or so bucks on eBay, I can't say I've found a great deal there, either. So congrats on the patience, gents!

The local Vault is tired of seeing me for sure. I'm in there at least once a week or two. I hit the O-Store on occasion too, but I try to limit my full MSRP purchases. The majority of my purchases come either from the Forum, or eBay.

Back