• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Acquire Oakleys

Surprised I've never chimed in on this revival thread.

I got my O in various ways, including (and in no particular order):
SGH, 6pm.com, Oakley (Vault, store, both sites), this forum, eBay, Dillards, Amazon, and Verizon Points.

I'd never thought I'd do anything on the exchange, but it was out of fear and naïveté. I haven't had anyone yell at me for doing something wrong, so I may be doing something right lol.

Surprised I've never chimed in on this revival thread.

I got my O in various ways, including (and in no particular order):
SGH, 6pm.com, Oakley (Vault, store, both sites), this forum, eBay, Dillards, Amazon, and Verizon Points.

I'd never thought I'd do anything on the exchange, but it was out of fear and naïveté. I haven't had anyone yell at me for doing something wrong, so I may be doing something right lol.

I would say you're over paying in most cases there tbh.

I get most of my stuff from the forum or from friends.

I would say you're over paying in most cases there tbh.

I get most of my stuff from the forum or from friends.
Lol. I didn't know any better back then. I need to learn how to better network.

I've gotten some decent deals, some so so deals, a steal or two. Surprisingly, I've only paid sticker price 4 times.

Lol. I didn't know any better back then. I need to learn how to better network.

I've gotten some decent deals, some so so deals, a steal or two. Surprisingly, I've only paid sticker price 4 times.

4 out of how many?

I think I've paid full retail something like....3-5 times. But I've also bought over 200 pair

4 out of how many?

I think I've paid full retail something like....3-5 times. But I've also bought over 200 pair
4/25. Of course my number is skewed high because of the low number of purchases. You can see I don't buy sunglasses all that often to begin with.

You can see I don't buy sunglasses all that often to begin with
Thats ok, I have 12 pairs myself. I take good care of them and display them nicely in their Oakley Tower but I wear every single one of them. It just depends on where I am going and what clothes I am wearing. When you have more than 100 pairs you probably dont wear most of them, just the selected few. I am VERY picky and only buy a pair of sunglasses I really really want and I know I will wear them. So in my case I cannot imagine owning more than 30 pairs. For the record, I am not judging those who have big collections. You have to follow your heart and do what you think it is best for you regardless of others. I am just a small collector and this is what works for me and my needs. So I am happy. :) There is no Oakley store or Vault close to me so I have bought my Oakleys from Oakley.com, the Vault, 6pm and a couple from Ebay from trustworthy sellers.

Sorry to butt in sir, but it's not open to the public. To be honest most of the glasses there is basic black on black because of military "eccentric" rules. However some gems are found on there like the GWOT/multi-cam fuel cells, dagger det-cord, and most recently at a "stupid low" price the madman/badman series. You can always make a military friend and he can gift you some. Father's Day is coming up.
Dagger Det Cord is gone already I believe.

EDIT: I take that back, it's buried in the ballistic prizm shooting area on new site.

They did add some sweet cerakote Det Cords & Holbrooks with unique icons.

Last edited:
Dagger Det Cord is gone already I believe.

EDIT: I take that back, it's buried in the ballistic prizm shooting area on new site.

They did add some sweet cerakote Det Cords & Holbrooks with unique icons.

I'll have to check out the det-cords, I just hate they used those light red lens. Totally worthless for sunny days but it is a nice collector item.

Back