• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Carry Your X-Metals?

Exr29070

Oakley Beginner
South Texas
With the discontinuation of X-Metals and having to send my Juliets in for a tune-up... I want some feedback on y'all carry your glasses when not wearing them. I slide mine into my jeans pocket but I hate doing it. Nothing else seems practical, but maybe one of you has a better idea? I guess I feel like I can't take ENOUGH care of them now. Love them way too much.

If I can't bring a case with me, I'll hang them off my shirt, with a microfiber bag if I want to be really careful. Other times I'll just wear them on the back of my head, away from my hair

Usually I just put them on top of my head. But I did find this little gadget for 8 bucks that seems to work quite nice if needed.......
aefc80f7-28be-0979.jpg

Same here- either on my head, clipped to my shirt, or in the microfiber bag. If I don't enjoy them as daily wearers- there's no point in me owning them. The frames are damned-near indestructable, and the lenses can be replaced - even if aftermarket. The lenses won't last forever unless never worn and kept in a showcase, but to me - that's not enjoying them. My Pennys are my "one and only" xmetals, and I treat my sunnies well! Lol. I also had the "cable" as xmetalmaniac displayed above, but just resorted back to wearing them on my noggin.

Yeah I want to enjoy them yet preserve them. During the week I wear scrubs which have a million pockets so no big deal. But the weekends... I feel like they take more abuse than they should.

They are always on my face, unless I go inside. They are comfortable enough where it's not a nuisance unless it's too dark to see. If so, it'll be on my head until I can get them in its ballistic case.

I took 6 xmetals on vacation with me to Disney. I transported all them in micobags in ballistic cases. When I got to the condo they went into the safe. When not wearing them they are either on my head or on my hat. I might hang on my shirt. I will never put in my pocket though.

If they are not on my eyes they are on my forehead, nose bombs on skin.
If they are not on my head they are in a bag inside an XM case.
Accidents happen, no hang on shirt or pocket. No backwards on neck.
No exceptions.
Travelling they go in bags in cases in a carry-on.
No exceptions.
I develop systems that work and I stick with them.
I'm funny like that.

Latest Posts

Back