• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Guys Do It?

ditto. Kids ruin everything.

Ha ha ha. Actually...they make everything more enjoyable and appreciated. Would I have more money and sanity without my son and daughter? Yep. But having a child (and those with kids will get what I mean, those without likely won't) is the most amazing thing that could ever happen to someone and makes you more appreciative of what you have and accomplish in part because of the sacrifices. Being a good parent and provider is the most selfless act a human being can make and, for me, my measure of people who have kids ESPECIALLY men is rooted mainly in how good of parents they are, everything else is ancillary.

Also perhaps look at your collection as an investment and treat it as such.... on the financial side of things

This bailed me sooo many times, you know they will sale (right now, i made a lil over $560 on 4 pairs...but i purchased some TLD Gascan from rubyskull, sweet)..... plus having some rare ones= best feeling ever, my pov.

Also perhaps look at your collection as an investment and treat it as such.... on the financial side of things

Yes...the rigbt pieces in your collection and buying low often results in their value being anywhere from 25% to 75% more then what you paid within a few years...I don't know much that gives that much return that quickly

I've had good luck with CraigsList and eBay... But you have to be careful and do some research! Lots of fakes out there!

It also helps to have a wad! :cool:

I can't tell you how to make the money... That's for you to figure out!

:big_boss:

Last edited by a moderator:
i am actually wondering the same thing as how you guys do it. one thing i noticed though....most of you O-llectors that get uotstanding deals are from the good ol' US of A, where Oakley was actually born, thus the many hidden "treasures" waiting to be discovered from people who do not know what they have (craigslist), who need the money (feebay) or where other O-llectors are that can easily do trades.

i spent a sh*tload already on my mostly hard-to-find pieces and i NEED to stop.

also, my kids are the greatest things i have in my life, next to my wife and family. it just depends on where you put your priorities.

then it can get dangerous... that's when you end up getting a display and start buying for SHOW ONLY...

Yeah... i was on the "wear what you buy" bandwagon. Then the nicer/rarer frames started filling up my collection :behindsofa:

I see something I want, save up and buy it...simple as that... most people will probably waste £100 a week or more on **** like alcohol and going out and have nothing to show for it

My thoughts exactly.

I had to basically quit and i dont even have kids-dont like em-but my wife and I can no longer live financially with O habit..latest thing my employer is doing is talking away retirement plan and health insurance When i was 15 I was lucky if I could get a pair of knockoffs..never allowed to collect things which.... is why i am so darn ignorant of pop culture like comics....I did not know people over 12 read comics til I was on this board...except for the Batman with Jack Nicholson i know nothing about that genre anymore...apparently graphic novels took over...

i am actually wondering the same thing as how you guys do it. one thing i noticed though....most of you O-llectors that get uotstanding deals are from the good ol' US of A, where Oakley was actually born, thus the many hidden "treasures" waiting to be discovered from people who do not know what they have (craigslist), who need the money (feebay) or where other O-llectors are that can easily do trades.

i spent a sh*tload already on my mostly hard-to-find pieces and i NEED to stop.

also, my kids are the greatest things i have in my life, next to my wife and family. it just depends on where you put your priorities.

I would just like everyone to know that this guy is a huge ripoff!! He used to be an Ebay member until his account was deleted by Ebay. He ripped off a bunch of
sellers who shipped international packages to him without registered mail. He would look at the tracking number, notice it wasn't a registered piece, and file a claim immediately. I contacted several other sellers and verified that he did the same to them.

I just want to warn you all, in case he tries to deal with any of you. Avoid this fool, Tyrone Cuaso, like the plague.

Take care everyone.

I sell drugs.

nervous.gif

(not really, this is a joke)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back