• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Handle A Bad Day?

Pyu76

Oakley Hoarder
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Portland, Oregon
In the light of the Adrian Peterson incident, it has really got me thinking. I come from a history of abuse-both parties involved and anger mismanagement issues. I really would like to hear how you guys handle a really bad day at home. Im hoping to get ideas and insipiration b4 i do something stupid. No need to incriminate yourselves example will do. Thank you.

Anger - I've always approached as, will being angry/mad/sad help solve the problem, I try to think through them logically and move forward.

As for a bad day, I'd just say figure out what you love. I love to have a beer or glass of wine and order take out from a great place - somewhere that I normally wouldn't.

Hopefully this thread gets some good answers.

Grinds your gears thread was what makes you mad. This thread is is more of what you do about it i think.

Yeah, at the time it was the best thread for it, but it was really just talking about the subject instead of an angry rant. Read the post; I talk about what I do about it, a little bit.

Yeah, at the time it was the best thread for it, but it was really just talking about the subject instead of an angry rant. Read the post; I talk about what I do about it, a little bit.

It's so great that you were able to end that vicious cycle and turn it around to provide an amazing and loving life for yourself and your children. One day, past all the teenage/angry years, they will thank you. But for now, I'll just say good for you! :drinks:

An interesting topic. Being single and having not had children I can't say child/spousal abuse has really ever hit home with me. I was hit as a kid, but I wouldn't say 'abused'. I stole $20, I got hit. I skipped school to fornicate only to have my dad come home early, I got hit. Probably less than 10 times in my life for big things.

But it's funny because now that my siblings and I are adults we realize things about how we were brought up and how it has shaped us. None of us want kids, despite being suburban white kids with parents that took great care of us. But we all avoid yelling and confrontation with mild anxiety issues surrounding it. My dad was more of a yeller, and while he didn't say hateful or dirty things he would fly off the handle for seemingly small matters that were commonly repeated. To this day he'll get upset at small things people do and he is quick to anger.

But there are times when the events of the day are upsetting and my mind desires violence. The usual theme that is visualized is finding something nearby that is heavy enough to cause harm and damage, yet light enough to still be easily wielded or thrown. As of late this occurs at work, mostly from disastrous turns of events. Being at work the jeopardy I would place on my future is enough of a deterrent to keep me from acting. And I'm unable to partake in boozing or other mood-altering drugs.

To defuse myself I usually go away, play a game, go read something. I'll usually calm down rather quickly and move on.

If I'm not at work screaming as loud as possible is pretty cathartic. Distraction until forgetting. But I don't hold grudges all too much, and can work things out of my system pretty quick.

Video games ... The more violent the better ... Get some angst out ...

Depending on what the situation is, my suggestion is to have more bad days ( if it's a professional problem then this works, if it's conjugal it works a little less) ...

In my experience, A lot of people have a hard time dealing with bad days because they rarely have them and don't know how/ have the 'tools' to deal with em ...

So have a hard day or two, live the day and try and understand how you feel ... With a little experience, those 'bad days' become easier and eventually no longer qualified as 'bad' and become 'days' ...

Latest Posts

Back