• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do you identify genuine lenses?

Raymond Luna

Oakley Beginner
I purchased my Flak Jacket XLJ on eBay for a little over 50$ under MSRP.

I see that it is common for people to sell aftermarket lenses with genuine frames. How do I tell if my lenses are genuine?

Also, it does have the 'polarized' text engraved/etched into one of the lens

IMG_6645.JPG IMG_6644.JPG IMG_6643.JPG

IMG_6648.JPG

Last edited:
I purchased my Flak Jacket XLJ on eBay for a little over 50$ under MSRP.

I see that it is common for people to sell aftermarket lenses with genuine frames. How do I tell if my lenses are genuine?

Also, it does have the 'polarized' text engraved/etched into one of the lens

View attachment 165252 View attachment 165253 View attachment 165254

View attachment 165274
I'm not expert but the etching on the lens looks correct. I'm sure someone will post with a way to really tell.

There are some aftermarket versions that have the POLARIZED letters etched into the lens and look almost identical to the OEM lenses. Here's an example from Ebay. No name company and the lenses are 18 bucks. The cheap ones are really thin, though. Yours look OEM thick so I think yours are authentic.
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
I would have had no idea until I ordered some Big Taco lenses. The aftermarket pair I received were less thick than OEM. Needless to say, they went back.

I purchase from authorized dealers so I know every pair I get is authentic. I can understand older pairs that are no longer made but since you got flaks which are still readily available almost everywhere, why even deal with the possibility?

Just my .02

Latest Posts

Back