• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Make A Decision?

Makeemsayunhhh

Oakley Beginner
Salem, Oregon
Whenever you walk into an O-store, Vault, or any place that sells Oakleys, how do you make your decision, or do you even make one? Do you know beforehand what your going to buy? Do you go browsing with no plans? Do you make several trips before a purchase? Do you try on and look, find the one you want, and then try to find it cheaper online? Do you avoid retail stores altogether and do nothing but ebay, etc? I guess a lot of this might have to do with your spending habits and disposable income levels, but I'm just curious on how everyone picks out what pair to get next? There is always just so many to choose from!!!

oakley_zps8f2dcd93.jpg

There's usually only one thing I'm looking for and that's Frogskins. I may have a cursory browse of other models but I wouldn't know what was new/old, rare or not for those, unless I've spotted people talking about a specific pair on here that peaked my interest.

Usually I go into the local Vault as part of another trip to the mall and walk out with nothing.

If I'm looking for a certain pair I usually go in to try and find the one, and check out a bunch others. But I usually am not browsing with a mind toward anything in particular. And most currently offered pairs don't really interest me, and the few times I've gone looking for M Frame lenses they didn't have the one I wanted.

I collect deals more than anything else, so I tend not to buy a lot at retail. Accessories, lenses, rubber kits, cases, that sort of thing I buy at the stores.

90% of my purchases are normally from Ebay, I also check the online vault everyday, starting to look around CL but haven't bought anything there so far, and starting to frequent my local vault lately.

That is my problem, I find it too hard to make a decision so I end up buying everything I want anyway.

I usually know what I want and go in and buy it. I hate being one of those people who just browses and walks out with nothing. I just hate wasting the sales person time.

Gotta remember, if the salesperson hasn't helped you then you don't waste their time. Now if they have been busy helping you out for 30 minutes, that is a whole different story.

I buy probably 80% of my stuff online from either here or ebay, 10% locally from craigslist and the other 10 from the Vault/O Store. usually when i buy my stuff off ebay i know what im looking for but ill do the occasional "oakley rare" or "oakley vintage" searches on ebay and see what shows up, when i goto the vault i usually see what the clearance area has to offer and pic up 2-3 pairs.

Back