• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Does Everyone Feel About Fast Jackets?

JacketFan

Oakley Beginner
Are these not so popular and if so is it because of the price and/or face fit?

I notice Half/Flak/Half 2.0 don't fit my face all that great, not sure if it's because my face is too big (though Juliet fit just fine but those flex more). Fasts fit great.

They are a little on the wide side for me. Personally, I would take a half jacket 2.0 over the fasts (even though I love all the cool stuff on the fast jackets). And I think price might have to do something with it. Most people don't want to shell out 220 for a pair of half frames when the alternative is a half jacket or flak jacket. IMO

Thre price includes an additional lens vs the half and flak that only come with one lens

i have half, half 2.0, flak and fast and they all fit me fine. I just grab what ever pair i am feeling that day

I love mine! They fit much better than the flak jacket and the half jacket if you have a bigger head. It's also cool to be able swap the lenses out so easily

I like them, but the price just kills it for me. I know they come with a second set of lenses, but they are usually a useless or boring spare pair (at least IMO).

IMO the fast jacket has too much going on and is wider coming off the front of the face. The HJ 2.0 contours the face much better. I don't know why they named it fast jacket anyway.... I can change lenses faster on a 2.0, or flak..... I think people were scared to pop lenses in and out....

presrciption lens for em cost more than the frame... spent more than $300 on just the prescription lens alone which oakley is the only company authorized to make prescription lens for this frame. considering i have 3 pairs of fast jacket, i ended up buy 2 pairs of prescription lens. the other fast jacket has photochromatic lens so i'm not going to change that out.

First pair of Oakleys I ever purchased were silver Fast Jackets and I love them. I have a big head/wide face so only the larger O's fit me and the fast jackets fit the bill. I got them on sale for $149.99 but if you keep your eye out you can score them a lot cheaper.

I've got a big head but don't like Fast Jackets. I hoped I would but I felt they didn't wrap around as well as my Flaks. I felt they stuck out a bit at the temples and the contrasting clip for switch lock looked a bit odd because they stuck out.

Neil

Latest Posts

Back