• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How does this racist still have a job in MLB ?

Tom.

Europe
MLB reporter Ken Rosenthal is a racist, look at this sh!t .

Baseball's hiring practices remain challenging work toward progress
hold that up against his story from a few years back !

Will Non-White Free Agents Shun the Red Sox?

The Red Sox look very white.
The trade of left fielder Manny Ramirez and loss of shortstop Julio Lugo to injury left the Sox with a predominantly Caucasian roster.

How the fu** did he not get fired for that, what if had said:
The Red Sox look very black.
The trade of left fielder Manny Ramirez and loss of shortstop Julio Lugo to injury left the Sox with a predominantly black roster.

Or replace white with Latino.

This ass-hole still has a job and will pollute the TV screen come playoff time :mad:

Stating facts, as long as they are facts that can be backed up by statistical data, does not make one a racist.

Maybe you're new here (to the USA). This country is based on beliefs and the court of public opinion. Facts are mere insignificances that cloud the air of judgement.

I don't see this as racist at all. He is discussing how teams need to keep diversity. He's stating facts. He didn't say he didn't like a team because they had too much of one race or anything like that.

Stating facts, as long as they are facts that can be backed up by statistical data, does not make one a racist.
Have you ever seen a article where it says "This team is full of black players" or Latinos.......no i haven't either, that would never be okay, right !?

Obviously he is saying it´s problematic that there were too many white players on that red sox team.
What a peice of **** !

Ken Rosenthal: "The Red Sox look very white"

I don't see this as racist at all. He is discussing how teams need to keep diversity. He's stating facts. He didn't say he didn't like a team because they had too much of one race or anything like that.
Yet, fairly or not, Ramirez's messy divorce with the Red Sox could raise suspicions that the team prefers a certain type of player — unassuming, conformist, white.

Yet, fairly or not, Ramirez's messy divorce with the Red Sox could raise suspicions that the team prefers a certain type of player — unassuming, conformist, white.
I had to see which Ramirez (Manny) you were referring to.

Ok, yeah, that quote is ridiculous.

Anyone with a half a brain could have seen that Manny was a head case, and that move wasn't racially motivated. Generally, cancerous players will end up being traded or dumped; he didn't play much longer after that, so that is definitely a performance/personality issue. And any one who fails to see the whole picture in that case and goes to the race card is an idiot.

The racial makeup of the players on the field has changed since 2008; there are definitely more minorities playing now. Rosenthal is just noticing the lack of minorities in management... I don't think it is racially motivated, just the lack of candidates out there. As far as I know, there aren't any Hispanic managers now; Fredi Gonzalez was the last one until he was canned this season because of his putrid start.

When it comes to management, it is definitely about the network. People are hesitant to think outside the box; we are creatures of comfort. And decades ago, people didn't want non whites playing their sport... While that past is done, the after effects still linger; hell, it is like that today in the real world.

Between the lack of candidates and people resorting to the good old boy network, there will always be a lack minorities in management. Hopefully as time passes, the candidate pool will diversify and more will shatter the box.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
Back