• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Durable Are Oakley Lenses?

if your super picky, changing lens for radars and radarlocks the frames sometimes make a lil impersion or mark on the lens where it held on by the frame. Once the lens installed you cant see it, but if you try to resell or trade people lens it might be a issue.

I thought the same thing Monkey.. I seen a pair of M frame lenses shot with a 22 that didn't penetrate the lens.

The only thing to be concerned about with changing the half frame pairs is that the hooks of the lenses can get rolled and deformed if you're not careful changing them out.

Flex the frame, don't snap the lens in.

Agreed. Ive broken a few sets at the hooks. 9 times out of 10 they go right in but if not you just gotta get the feel for how to flex the frame a little to get the lens to right in the groove. Its hard to explain but just experiment a little bit. Ive noticed with oakley, you just gotta feel it out. The omatter frames are extremely durable so no worries with flexing them.

Oakley Sunglass Lenses - Impact Protection | Oakley.com

A little more there too on the Oakley site. When I tell friends to buy Oakley's and they initially refuse, I show that link to them and they're sold every time. You can also go to the Bloody Eye, which is first hand accounts from how Oakley's saved wearers eyes/faces. Disclaimer: there are some pictures of cuts and bruises which MAY not be for the faint at heart.
Oakley - The Official Site

Latest Posts

Back