• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Far Is Your Local O-Store?

Do they have Oakley stores and/or vaults in Cape Town these days? Back when I was in good 'ol SA I don't think I recall any.

There used to be O-stores here about 10 years back (main store was in Port Elizabeth) before they were taken over by Luxottica, who as I'm sure everyone knows is more about SGH than anything else. We're now either forced to buy from them with no discount available or alternatively the surf stores or optometrists. Unfortunately the selection here is p!ss poor. So most of my collection has come from abroad.

I can purchase a pair of O's in the US, ship them in USPS express, pay customs and still get them cheaper than I could buying them in store here. Go figure.

There used to be O-stores here about 10 years back (main store was in Port Elizabeth) before they were taken over by Luxottica, who as I'm sure everyone knows is more about SGH than anything else. We're now either forced to buy from them with no discount available or alternatively the surf stores or optometrists. Unfortunately the selection here is p!ss poor. So most of my collection has come from abroad.

I can purchase a pair of O's in the US, ship them in USPS express, pay customs and still get them cheaper than I could buying them in store here. Go figure.

We still have 1 O-store;)

If you're referring to the Black River Park store... it's a joke and coupled onto SGH. A couple of golf shirts and sandals and a very poor selection of frames.

I am, and agree, but its the only place we can really get the clothing, and after all, it is an O-store.

Latest Posts

Back