1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

Well just read an interesting post about a member going over 600 miles for a display case. Impressive.
    What is your crazy story to get that Case or those pair of glasses or anything Oakley.
    How far have you traveled to get that CL deal? Rental car or truck to get it.
    I am sure cases will have the best story with people strapping it on their car or renting a truck to get it.
    Let us know how far you traveled and your story.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

My story is OK. I found a single Alum. tower in San Diego (Sorry Carlos) I borrowed a van from work (Work site survey??) and 4 hour round trip later I was back at work. Then I had a buddy load it in his Honda and got it home.
    Cool thing was the guy held it for me and sold it to me for $100. When I got there he handed me a bag that had a bunch of single stands and a couple of doubles too. Oakley display cards and Alum. card stands and even 3 black small display "Name" signs. Case also had a light kit in it and came with 2 keys. All in all that was a great day.

3. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I drove almost 1,200 miles and 18hrs to pick up my display tables a few weeks ago! From Texas to Nebraska!! 600 don't sound too bad at all lol!!

4. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

5. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

6. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Did you drive tht straight thru?

7. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

hahahahaha!!! again Brett????!!! congrats bro!

8. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

Oh yea Just jumped into the car with a few redbulls and some good tunes and just drove!! It sucked but hey its what we love, the thrill of the hunt!!

9. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

I wore my Bruce Irons Hijinx when I drove a 550 mile round-trip to pick up a Spector bass guitar that the dude wouldn't ship.

Does that count?
    :biggrin:

10. Mrs H

Mrs H First Lady of Oakley Forum (IG pinkspottycow)

and I went too :biggrin:
    haha