1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Oakley Beginner

I know there is a topic about spotting fakes, and it comes up all the time. But even among posters usually you see " thats fake!" then another "ledgit"

I can understand with the plastic framed glasses how easy it must be to fake them. take a casting of a real pair and pour away.

But with the Xmetal stuff how good are the fakes? I have wondered for years if mine were real or not. Is this something you can tell right away ie. made of plastic, or the nose bridge is solid. Or are there really good clones out there?

Looking on the used market it makes me worry that 90% of them are fake and I worry i will miss a ledgit good deal.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

post a pic and we can let you know if they are real or not - there is also another thread started for fakes or the question of if they are or not.

3. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Oakley Beginner

I didn't really want this to be about one pair in general more about the industry in whole. Hence why i didn't post in the "are these real" thread. The guy hasn't gotten back to me on this pair, But I'm also keeping an eye on several other pairs. these ones appear to have the orbital oring and the arms appear straight, and i hate to judge authenticity by lack of box or coin, but they appear real to me.

Are the fakes being made out of aluminum? are there ones out there that would be hard to tell the difference?

just one pair that I am looking at. guy wants $75

Last edited by a moderator: 5/22/14
  4. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

thats legit! and a $75 price tag..makes it much sweeter!
    :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: 5/22/14
  5. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I was supposed to get this pair. Had a meeting set up and the guy didn't show. What a doucher

6. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

I emailed this guy and never heard anything back. Sounds like a winner :blink:

7. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I bought a pair of fakes about 6 months ago just to see what they were about. What they were about was junk. I sent them to Qtrain for him to check out, maybe he'll weigh in. They were "Plasma/ice" but more like polished/ice with curved out ear stems. The nose bridge was trash.

8. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

And it was more like a xx than a Juliet. But amazing non the less

9. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Oakley Beginner

Man i feel like this is like a girl being passed around a frat party. Yeah i'm going to write him off. But keeping eyes open.

10. Elfmaze

Elfmaze Oakley Beginner

were we too aggressive? lol