• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches.

13ThirtySeven

Oakley Beginner
Shaun White Holbrook used for as primary example with them being a newer gloss black frame in my collection.

Basically I came upon this idea maybe I am not the first to do this but it seemed like a simple measure to take to prevent Leg scratches.

holbrook_without_bags.jpg

I choose a leg and throw one of my smaller bags on, then fold the leg.

first_bag_on_front.jpg

Side view.

first_bag_on_side.jpg

Rear View.

first_bag_on.jpg

Front ready for second bag to go over the glasses.

bag_on_ready_for_bag_2.jpg

Then just throw a larger bag on, here I'm putting on a bag of my brothers from the 90's.

in_the_double_bag.jpg

Presto, Zero scratches should occur from the legs rubbing, I feel ok putting this in my pocket. I usually don't but if need be they will be well protected. :big_boss:

I usually do this with whatever pair or pairs I take with me to work.

Just thought I would share I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but I felt it was worth sharing with the forum.

V from 13 for now thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I was expecting to get one of the foam Leg covers for shipping with my Deuce Coupe Holbrook but sadily NO foam sleeve.

I think you can use a piece of foam rubber what is usually made for break levers.

14941_bremshebelberzug_schwarz_web.jpg

That might work well, but I already have an extra bag, so why spend any more money, although I'm sure they are quite inexpensive.
I also have a small fear that putting that on and off with debris could cause scratching more than just using an extra bag.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Back