1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 13ThirtySeven

13ThirtySeven Oakley Beginner

Shaun White Holbrook used for as primary example with them being a newer gloss black frame in my collection.

Basically I came upon this idea maybe I am not the first to do this but it seemed like a simple measure to take to prevent Leg scratches.

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches. - holbrook_without_bags.jpg

I choose a leg and throw one of my smaller bags on, then fold the leg.

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches. - first_bag_on_front.jpg

Side view.

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches. - first_bag_on_side.jpg

Rear View.

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches. - first_bag_on.jpg

Front ready for second bag to go over the glasses.

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches. - bag_on_ready_for_bag_2.jpg

Then just throw a larger bag on, here I'm putting on a bag of my brothers from the 90's.

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches. - in_the_double_bag.jpg

Presto, Zero scratches should occur from the legs rubbing, I feel ok putting this in my pocket. I usually don't but if need be they will be well protected. :big_boss:

I usually do this with whatever pair or pairs I take with me to work.

Just thought I would share I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but I felt it was worth sharing with the forum.

V from 13 for now thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup that damned polish black sucks about scratchjming itself lol. the new frogskins are packaged with a plastic sleeve on one arm in the same idea...

3. 13ThirtySeven

Yeah I was expecting to get one of the foam Leg covers for shipping with my Deuce Coupe Holbrook but sadily NO foam sleeve.

4. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

I think you can use a piece of foam rubber what is usually made for break levers.

How I Double Bag Gloss Black Frames To Prevent Scratches. - 14941_bremshebelberzug_schwarz_web.jpg

5. 13ThirtySeven

That might work well, but I already have an extra bag, so why spend any more money, although I'm sure they are quite inexpensive.
    I also have a small fear that putting that on and off with debris could cause scratching more than just using an extra bag.

Just my opinion on the matter.

6. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Yep. Been doing this on ALL my Oakleys since 2001...works wonders. Then into a vault to top it off