• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How I spent my morning...

8:30 am and ready to sweat . Brought deodorant in case it fails me today I can reapply. Lol

image.jpeg

Today was a good day. We were there from 8 am until 4 pm. We had a pretty good shaded spot. He (FNL) actually won an award today for the Corvette.

Just curious are any of those for sale? My pops loves old cars. He's got a few himself. I was born and raised Chevy all the way. Here is a few pictures of some of his hot rods he currently has. I love them but I don't know whay he wants to own so many of him. He's 69 years old and my mom passed away in 2012 so I guess buying selling trading and working on the old cars makes him happy and if he is happy I'm happy. From the pictures and the list of cars you named off I know he would love to come and look at them and if your father is willing to let some of them go I know my dad would really like an opportunity to possibly buy some of them. The picture of the Corvette Stingray is on me not my dad. Like I staged around Thanksgiving of 2008 she fell and broke her hip and since she was elderly they decided to give her a MRI & Cats can finding bunch of tumors and things in her brain. Anyways they did surgery removing asany tumors as they could but it wasn't enough. So they gave her a month or very short time frame to live. She amazed them all making it almost 4 years before she finely lost he courageous battle with cancer. She was not only my best friend but also my very own super hero. She was so kind and always thought of others. When I was probably 5 years old or so I remember my dad bought her a 64 Corvette Stingray and rebuilt it from a giant peice of junk to a beautiful 1964 Corvette. It was a black coupes with red interior. It was very low mileage just a hair over 83,000 original miles and it was also rare because it came from factory with air conditioning. It even had the AC sticker on each side of the back window. The only thing I remember him changing on it was he added side pipes exhaust on i . Wow it made that car sound like a beast. Then after redoing the entire car instead of driving it which he tried getting her to do so forany years but she was always scared she would wreck it or hurt it someone. So it has basically just sit in the garage years untouched and not drove. One of the last times it was drove ws for my final day of highschool she let me drive it to school. That was in May of 1996. Then it was drove maybe 4 more times before she finally passed away in 2012. I had a 1985 Corvette back in mid 1990's when I was on Highschool it had been wrecked before I got it so it wasn't like it waz a brand new Corvette then in 2014 Chevy brought the Stingray back to life. Plus my daughter was almost 16 years old and since I was single and had no plans on ever having another child needin v to need room for baby seats I went to look at the new Stingrays. I knew my mom's was built in 1st week of July 64 and when I went to Chevy Dealership I was looking they had 5 New Stingrays. 2 Red Coupes and 2 White coupes and 1 Red Convertible Stingray with the top down. Plus it was the only one with Crime rims. All the rest had black rims which is fine because everyone taste is different but I personally don't like black rims so that peaked my interest just a little more. So I just having them help me research it and I was curious and said so when was it's Build date. In my lifetime I have bought 2 brand new cars right of the lot and they were both 1 of the 1st ones of that body style and other new things and both turned out to be lemons so I said that's it no more 1st year and 1st new body ever. Than they said mine was built late on the 3rd week of production or it was the 1st build of the 4th week of July. So even with my gug saying you should probably just wait I thought it was to much of a sign that my mom's was built beginning of July 1964 & mine was built on the 3rd week of July. I was in shock. I told my dad I was going to do it. What are the odds that my mom's dream car was built July 64 & mine was built couple weeks of July almost 50 years to the date. Im sure people will say that is silly to buy car over some thing like that but I had to try. Heck maybe she is being my Guardian Angel because I have not had the 1st issue with it. I had even got this tattoo done about a month before I even bought the car. The cursive Corvette with Stingray below it is actually the chrome logo that is on back right rear just to the right of the gas pump lid. I also wanted to encorperate the new Stingray Logo they put in each of the front 2 fenders on the 2014 Stingrays I'm not exactly sure if it's still there I think on the 206 they have that emblem there. Sorry I got a little off topic. I was curious were is this car show you and your father are going to? Also do you know if he is interested in selling or even maybe trading on any cars or partts? We live in Eastern Tenn so ding know where you all are located I'm new to this site so if you are interested if you know of a way to send me private message of a way that I can let my dad know how to contact you all. If he's not wanting to sell right and may need car parts my dad has lots of those also. Thanks for taking time to read this and have a great day.
20160731_154024.jpg
20150601_114116.jpg
20151124_113506.jpg
20160329_173154.jpg
20150605_174841-1.jpg
20151121_142025.jpg
20151127_165317.jpg
20151127_165443.jpg
20150605_174841-1.jpg
20160731_154024.jpg

He is not really a seller. Unless he finds something he wants more than he what he has now. Nice cars though. I see the 56 bel-air there. I have a bumper kit for that year..

Back