• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How It's Made: Revant Elite HC3®

Hey everyone, thanks for the early feedback. Stoked to hear you all liked it. @supersharp you nailed it. We'll definitely be working on more videos like this to help provide useful insight/transparency, and we know these testing videos are a huge part of that. I'll be sure to keep the forum updated on this!

@Rezechs Just to clarify here, our HQ is in Portland, Oregon but this lens manufacturing process is done in Asia. That being said, we are constantly evaluating factories all over the world including those in the USA. We understand how important this is to a lot of people, and I assure you I continue to keep the 'Made in USA' a discussion here amongst the team.
-Kevin

Last edited:
I really need to get an MEI mill / edger!!! Too bad a "small" one I visiting at Vision Expo West in Vegas was $250K...
Revant... Got to hand it to you, I don't think Walleva, Fuse, or the other "Ebay Sellers" have anything on you. BTW, if you ever do consider moving manufacturing to the USA your fellows here would love it. I know it isn't a decision that most companies can do now to stay competitive in pricing. But, I am gad to see you do things the right way.

Great video! Is the manufacturing process of your other lenses significantly different from the HC3 process? I have a couple non-HC3 lenses that I'm happy with, I'm just curious if it's a big enough difference in optical strength and quality to considering buying new lenses.

Very awesome video. I still wear my fuel cells with the free lenses you guys gave out a while ago for testing/reviewing. This has been a long awaited video. Well done and this is an awesome product that I stand behind with confidence

@tehphil Great question. Most of the process is the same. From raw polycarbonate and precision measured pigments to the MirrorShield coatings and lab testing for clarity and durability. They key difference is that our standard lenses use the industry standard of bent sheet production which delivers a quality lens at a great price. Only our Elite HC3 lenses are injection molded and taper corrected to deliver the truest vision possible with the best polarization. This process corrects any distortion, ensuring true vision in the entire field of view for those who demand the highest performance from their eyewear.

Another difference is our Elite HC3 lenses are strength tested against the Z87.1 standards, while our standard lenses meet or exceed Z80.3 standards.

Back