• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How It's Made: Revant Elite HC3®

Litos, what I mean is that for the flack jackets etc, you can easily find original Oakley lenses for the same price as Revant Elite. Not so for X-metals.
Ok, that's fair...

that's why I have my fair share of Revant lenses as well as custom cut lenses...

Lens availability and color dictate whether I buy Revant or go with custom cuts...

Plus, I'm a bit impatient as well...

Personally I'd love to see the color offerings of the Elite line expanded a bit for the xmetals!
Yeah, that would be nice...

The Revant Emerald green is toooooo green for me, so I decided to get some custom cut Jade Polar Turbines for my XX...

Also, Revant doesn't make a lens the color of the Deep Water Prizm Polar, so I decided to get a custom cut set for my XX as well...

Again, availability is the reason why I buy lenses...to me, they're just sunglasses that I like wearing, but I may or may not be wearing Oakleys for the next 2 or 3 years...

Yeah, that would be nice...

The Revant Emerald green is toooooo green for me, so I decided to get some custom cut Jade Polar Turbines for my XX...

Also, Revant doesn't make a lens the color of the Deep Water Prizm Polar, so I decided to get a custom cut set for my XX as well...

Again, availability is the reason why I buy lenses...to me, they're just sunglasses that I like wearing, but I may or may not be wearing Oakleys for the next 2 or 3 years...
Yeah, I like their purple and their ruby. I know they make those for the Elite line, just not for metals, well, that was the last time I checked anyway.

Yeah, I like their purple and their ruby. I know they make those for the Elite line, just not for metals, well, that was the last time I checked anyway.
I got custom cut Rubies for my Juliets...

But I got the regular polarized Revant "Rubies" (fire red) for my XX...

I got custom cut Rubies for my Juliets...

But I got the regular polarized Revant "Rubies" (fire red) for my XX...
Those look like a nice shade from what I've seen in pictures. My problem with OEM ruby is that it isn't consistent at all. I just want a damn red lens, not a -slightly red in the center and orange/yellow over 70% of the rest of the lens- kinda lens. Maybe I'm asking too much of Lux...

Those look like a nice shade from what I've seen in pictures. My problem with OEM ruby is that it isn't consistent at all. I just want a damn red lens, not a -slightly red in the center and orange/yellow over 70% of the rest of the lens- kinda lens. Maybe I'm asking too much of Lux...
Here are my Revant "Rubies"...

image.jpeg

I think what you want is OO Red iridium polar. It's an awesome shade.

Back